Names Searched Right Now:
Page 34 of 660 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 534 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    No, it isn't dependent on cycle length. The thought is as long as you're having regular intercourse (every 2 days or so) it doesn't matter if you have a 24-day cycle or a 34-day cycle; it doesn't matter if you ovulate on day 11 or day 15 or day 22. Whenever you do ovulate, you're having sex and have a normal chance of conceiving.
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    You've shared a little bit about your accident and subsequent urogenital reconstruction. Your situation is quite unique. You might have, just guessing, intraabdominal adhesions from the extensive surgery that could block your tubes; abnormal ovarian / tubal anatomy; a retroflexed uterus, etc. You also shared that you weigh <100 lbs; being underweight can strongly negatively impact your fertility. Since you're so young still I would give it the full 12 months, perhaps trying to work on weight gain, but then you will need a rather unique anatomical evaluation. If you have any pelvic CTs/MRIs from your accident try to get a hold of them (through patient records request at the hospital at which you were treated) to share with your OB if the time comes.
    I've wondered and worried about what affect those injuries will have on TTC, pregnancy, and especially delivery, though my doctors unanimously seem to think the entire thing can play out like normal. I have the great advantage of being in an all-inclusive regional health care system in which my hospital and all of my individual doctors (general practitioner, OB, etc) are in the same "company," just in different buildings and offices scattered throughout the entire region. My records are in the system and thus available to all of my doctors without even needing my consent. My GP and OB have access to all records and scans from the hospital at the click of a button, and have been known to quickly and easily call my other doctors in different departments and buildings to ask for clarification on some of the accident details. My OBGYN is a close colleague of the one who operated on me, and knew all of my accident details before I even got to tell her, because she had looked into my records and called up my surgeon in advance of my appointment with her. I would hope that between them and my orthopedic and urological surgeons in the same system, they would have already spotted anything that could prevent conception, but perhaps they wouldn't spot such problems if they weren't outright looking for them. The OBGYN who operated on me said that I got lucky in that no damage seems to have been done to my reproductive organs apart from the vagina itself which, along with the urethra, got sliced in half by the pelvic bone, and now apparently has no visible trace of the injury. The damage in the pelvic region seems to have been concentrated more around the bladder and pelvic bone, both being now reconstructed and back to working order (but now featuring a metal screw), but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that things are not entirely "normal" in there at this point. The doctors themselves (whom I hold in the highest regard) seem to kind of look at me, shrug their shoulders, and have this "well, whatever we did, it's working!" attitude, and I get the impression that they're not even entirely sure how things have gone back together so quickly and completely, as their joint-effort trauma surgery had been kind of a last-ditch effort before losing me. (I don't mean to make them sound careless or ignorant; my injuries were simply that odd and severe.) I kind of feel like my entire abdomen is full of undiscovered surprises at this point, which scares me about pregnancy, but my doctors have all done plenty of scans and X-rays, and indicate that as far as they can see, things look safe for a baby.

None of the doctors have brought up my weight as an issue or concern (except right after the accident, when I came out of the hospital at a disgusting 84 lbs). I figured that since I get my period every month, my weight must not be throwing things off track too badly...? Especially since I generally eat healthy and have been taking prenatal vitamins? Or is that assuming too much? Would an underweight body abort a pregnancy if it did finally conceive?

Thanks so much for the feedback. It really is very nice of you to offer responses like this; I know that a lot of medical professionals get tired of being asked for free advice, so I don't want to cross that line and make you feel like you're being taken advantage of. But you seem willing and in fact eager to reply to TTC-related or pregnancy-related questions, and it really is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by alzora; February 17th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

Anyone else trying for almost 5 years, approaching 40? No offense to anyone trying for less than a year, but I am sure you are young and still have lots of time. I have had 2 miscarriages and it hasn't been easy. I do wish you all luck in ttc!

virginialark - I had 2 "natural" miscarriages. They were years apart though.
    We didn't waste any time ttc after, but I am over 35.
    Just let things happen. Keep trying. Good luck!

roseymaam - my second miscarriage was like that - I bled for weeks! At least I had no idea that I had been pregnant. The first one was more difficult - BFP then spotting - had an ultra sound at what we thought was 10 weeks, but it turned out that at 5 weeks the baby stopped developing.
    I know nothing about PCOS. I understand about spending too much time on the name boards here though. I take a break every once in awhile, but I read the blog everyday. I figure that can't hurt.

Great advice about cleaning out the liver sdsurfmama! Thank you!
    I totally recommend seeking out alternative advice from a Naturopath.
    I have tried vitex and acupuncture. Now I am getting procaine injections.
    My OBGYN just wants me to do another dye test to check if my tubes are clear. The first one I had was very painful.
    I find that doing things that are less stressful is best.