Names Searched Right Now:
Page 307 of 660 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,535 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    @ktook - Where abouts in Australia are you? I'm in Adelaide and got married last year on August 25 (your daughter's birthday) and the weather was shocking! Raining cats and dogs! Glad you had nicer weather for Alice's party! P.S. Drinks are always appreciated by guests at children's birthday parties!
    Hi sarahmezz I'm south of Sydney. We must have stole your sunshine for your wedding day . Brilliant date to get married. I was actually born in Adelaide. Only lived there for 3 years but went back regularly as my grandparents lived there till I was 16.
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Quote Originally Posted by ktook76 View Post
    @sarahmezz. I guess I always look at the 1st and 2nd birthday milestones as "thank god I've survived another year now give me a drink and a piece of cake". . I am hoping mine aren't too boring for the party-goers!! Though we do supply a tiny bit of beer and pretty fizzy drinks for the adults to get them through the chaos . My daughter still talks about her 3rd birthday nearly a year later so I think by age 3 they cotton on to what is going on pretty quickly.
    Haha, I was about to write this! We only did a cake and family dinner for Mila's first birthday, but we did have small parties for her 2nd and 3rd. I agree that kids don't *need* parties but a) I love planning a party and b) kids do really enjoy them and if they are well thought out (and held somewhere like a garden or a park rather than somewhere like a McDonald's) they can be relaxing for adults too. Also, and mostly importantly, c) I survived another year! Much as I adore Mila, being a parent is very tough gig sometimes. We always have wine and bubbles for adults and I tend to rope in DH (who is a chef) to make canapes. I do ask for no presents though. You know some people will still bring them but I really feel kids don't need piles of gifts on top of what their parents/family get them.

@j_cannoy, congrats to your sister. I ended up being pregnant at the same time as my sister - she was 5 months ahead of me though. Good luck for July!

@taliface, sorry to hear AF has arrived. I can't eat sushi these days but I feel like some beer and sashimi now!

Starting to wonder if I might actually have conceived this cycle. EWCM today which seems very odd, but I've been googling it and it seems a vaguely positive sign at this point in my cycle (day 28). A heavy, hard, mildly crampy uterus (could also be my period approaching) and another very brief flicker of nausea at lunch today. I am almost never nauseous usually. I will take a boat to the capital on Sunday and see if I can buy a pregnancy test from the hospital. Apparently I need my marriage certificate and husband present to get one (the Maldives is a very conservative Islamic nation and pregnancy outside of wedlock usually merits a prison sentence). Fun times.
    Last edited by milasmama; June 28th, 2013 at 06:11 AM.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine

Hi all

So I too have been reading some posts on here for the last couple of weeks and have been considering joining in. I've got to say Daisychain, you kinda gave me the inspiration to "just do it". Soooooooo can I please join you ladies. I feel when I read your posts that I can relate and it is so lovely to see how everyone supports and encourages each other.

I will share my story soon. Right now though, it is Friday night and I am half asleep after a long week. Yay for the weekend!!! Hope you all have a good one

@ Frangipani. Hello and welcome. As its Friday night where I am as well, you must be one of us berries who reside in the Southern Hemisphere There aren't many of us on here! Enjoy you night and we look forward to hearing your story soon .
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Welcome Frangipani!

Daisychain - if you are an internet stalker, then so am I! I also read all of these posts before I joined. Great group of ladies, that's for sure. And, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could look into the future and see that all this trying, waiting, stressing, sadness ends in such great joy? I think it's a good way of looking at it.

milasmama - good luck! Hope to hear some good news when I get back from my weekend away!