Names Searched Right Now:
Page 306 of 660 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,530 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

@taliface - That's the only good thing about AF arriving - you can eat and drink whatever you want for a few days! Beer and sushi is a great combination

As for all this talk about birthday parties, I've already decided what we'll do for our first child. Nothing. Well, not nothing, but for their first few birthdays we'll have a simple family dinner with my husband's parents, sister and brother-in-law and their daughter (my family live interstate so they may not be there). From my perspective, nobody wants to go to a child's first/second/third birthday party! I've been to a few and they're always awful! Especially when you don't have children yourself. Also, the child isn't old enough to remember anything, so why go to lots of trouble? We'll just have a small family dinner and a cake and that's it!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Thanks for the condolences, all.

@sarahmezz: I think I agree with you. While the first year is a landmark, little bit will only know the love and only remember what's in pictures. Makes sense to me to keep it low key.
    Mommy to one amazing Allegra Valentine, born May 2014.

Current name crushes: Daphne, Allegra, Rosalie, Minerva, Alistair, Jules, Ellington, Caspar

Thanks Alzora, Ktook and Andie and Khaatje--sorry I'm trying to get the names right. hope I'm not too far off. You're very sweet, and I appreciate your way of looking at it.

Alzora, my doctor instructed me not to "insert anything" into my vagina for two weeks following the miscarriage--apparently the cervix stays open for a bit and makes you susceptible to infection. So no trying for a week more. Which is rough because it would be very comforting-not necessarily trying, but just DTD. After that, I'm not sure whether we'll have to wait to get my thyroid and platelet issues sorted out before conceiving--it does seem like it would be wise. I guess I'll have had my endocrinologist's visit before the week's up, so I should have a better idea. Of course, it's not like I should expecft us to get pregnant right away.

Can I tell you guys, at the risk of sounding like an Internet stalker with way too much time on her hands, I just spent many hours reading I think almost all of the posts on this thread! It was incredibly moving. You are all very kind, intelligent, and funny. And I see that I shouldn't have been so hesitant to be a downer--there's been plenty of heartache to go around. And joy. And TIBs (ha ha! I'm dealing with similar beasties).

Right now I'm finding myself particularly heartened by grecianern's story of loss followed by twins-in-the-making. It gives this sad lady some hope! It was kind of lovely to read back in the thread, seeing echos of my own experience in her loss, but see from her signature that she's now expecting twins. I wanted to tell months-ago her, 'I know you're having a terrible time now, but there's a very happy surprise ahead'! Wouldn't it be great if we all could just know the outcome of this little endeavor?

Best of luck to all those pregnant, trying, and considering other options and warm greetings to all!
    Last edited by daisychain; June 27th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

@sarahmezz. I guess I always look at the 1st and 2nd birthday milestones as "thank god I've survived another year now give me a drink and a piece of cake". . I am hoping mine aren't too boring for the party-goers!! Though we do supply a tiny bit of beer and pretty fizzy drinks for the adults to get them through the chaos . My daughter still talks about her 3rd birthday nearly a year later so I think by age 3 they cotton on to what is going on pretty quickly.
    I think I'm just a person who makes a party out of any excuse or reason! I used to throw kitty parties for my cat (who's now 12).....but lets's not talk about that in case there is a fear I'm a crazy cat woman!!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

@ktook - Where abouts in Australia are you? I'm in Adelaide and got married last year on August 25 and the weather was shocking! Raining cats and dogs! Glad you had nicer weather for Alice's party! P.S. Drinks are always appreciated by guests at children's birthday parties!
    Last edited by sarahmezz; June 28th, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter