Names Searched Right Now:
Page 240 of 660 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 1,196 to 1,200 of 3298

Thread: Ttc 2013

@Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that you're sick too. It sucks! I've never heard of hot and sour Thai soup, but will have to look into it. You can look over our conversation for recommended teas, but I suggest just forgoing the orange juice altogether. It's all a lie; orange juice did not stop me from getting sick, and I think all that propaganda about it boosting the immune system is just a money-making ploy by the orange farmers or whoever produces it. In reality it is a toxic potion probably designed to make us sicker so that we drink more of it, and so on.

@Casilayne, I love your reasoning behind the names. I think it's cute that you want to use Miranda because it was almost your name. I've been liking a variant of Elaine lately too--the short and sweet Laine. You mentioned that two of the names are from students. What do you teach?

@J Cannoy, ugh, such a miserable feeling. No matter how sure I am each month that my period is coming, I always get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I actually see it. I'm sorry for your disappointment. But this is Day 1 of your next cycle.

@Whitegold, thanks...I think Jaselynn sounds better than Jocelyn too. I hope you get a surprise BFP before your period even shows up. Wouldn't that be a fun twist of events?!

@Cambria, so glad you joined us! You and I have some things in common. I'll be 26 in a few months, and I too am a writer (small-town weekly newspaper, and creative nonfiction for leisure). And I have a dog. What's your novel about? I'm sorry to hear about your loss in 2010. Are you stocked up on TTC supplies like Pre-Seed lubricant, Soft Cups (which I've never used), and Wondfo ovulation tests? All three things come highly recommended. Wishing you luck!

@cambria812 I have a few children's books I'm sitting on. Professionally, I would like do grant writing. I have written a few and enjoy it. I have a little parenting blog called mamacravings. I was a story-teller before I could officially write and would love to do it full time Where do you find your freelance work? Elance? I'm scared to death to do freelance full-time. Did you freelance on the side before making it a full-time gig?

@alzora thanks I teach 5th grade ELAR (English, Language Arts and Reading). I have taught 2nd-12th grades, teaching every subject from Bible to Government, Writing to Math. I adore being a teacher, BUT I'm ready to work from home and be with my little guy and hopefully future little kiddo.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

@alzora Hello, fellow writer! What beat are you on in your town? I would have loved to have worked for a small town paper, but it just didn't work out. My book is a YA fantasy, but I'm aiming for something that can be enjoyed by all ages. Thank you for your condolences; time really does make all things better. I plan to start using OPK's next cycle, and we've decided to wait on Pre-seed for a little bit. I've never heard of Soft Cups, what are they?

@casilayne I write mainly for kids as well! Grant writing sounds challenging. I just got really lucky with freelancing, so I'm not much help. I happen to have an aunt in the industry, and several friends who have been able to help me. I have gotten some work off of Elance, though, some of it good, and some of it not so good. I'm a little jealous that you're a teacher! I came so close to going into education, but decided against it. I think it was one of those things where no matter which profession I chose, I would have wondered "what if" about the other.

@Casilayne, do you teach at a church school? I went to a church school all my life--kindergarten right on through twelfth grade. It was in the basement of my little country church. We didn't have real teachers, though, as we used a homeschool curriculum. Also, you said you've written children's books? Do you mean chapter books or stories for younger kids? If the latter, do you do illustrations?

@Cambria, it's funny to hear you ask what beat I'm on--that sounds so hardcore, but this newspaper is too small to even have topics divided up among writers. It's is based in my childhood hometown, which is quite like Walnut Grove in Little House on the Prairie. The paper has been around for decades and is well-read by most people in town and in surrounding towns, but it really is a small, quaint publication. We don't even have a website. I write from home (I live 30 minutes away now), and I just drive around to get interviews and photos (yep, I'm a photographer for the paper too...that's how small it is, but actually I do dabble in photography for leisure anyway), and to be honest I don't even know how many other writers we have--I think two, plus the editor who writes pieces without a byline. Our paper consists of local news (annual town fair and parade, local oil spill, local school bus gets run off the road by motorist, etc.) and human interest stories (local little boy fighting rare disease, local soldier returns from Afghanistan, local man finds hoards of antique photos in basement, etc.). I write both types--whichever the editor assigns to me each week, or whichever I can come up with on my own. Each weekly issue really only has about two or three articles, then pages of social announcements, obituaries, births, press releases submitted by locals, and our most-loved feature is the completely free Classified ads section. You can call in a Classified ad as often as you want and it runs at no charge. You can find anything in there. Free roosters, lost cow, you name it.

I also write creative nonfiction on the side--I am only interested in writing about real things that happened and real people that exist in my life or that I read about in snippets of antique newspaper articles (the latter ends up being historical fiction but based on true stories). I write mostly with a humorous spin. Your YA fantasy book sounds cool. The Narnia series is my only real experience with fantasy, but if you have the imagination for it, I imagine it would be super fun to write in that genre.

Oh, and Softcups...lol, can you guys tell that I'm bored with TTC topics at the moment?...well I've never bought Softcups, but they're some kind of thing that you insert vaginally immediately after sex to keep the semen from running out. If you put that in, you can get up, walk around, go to the bathroom, sleep, whatever, and not have to worry about the sperm not having a solid chance to make it in. Here's a link to the website. Also, several people on here highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I have not yet gotten it.