Names Searched Right Now:
Page 192 of 660 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

So, I decided to try OPKs this month. I started on cycle day eleven (last Sunday). So far I've taken three (Sun, Mon, Tues) and all are negative. My ovulation date is predicted for tomorrow (Wed). According to the package, the test strips should detect my LH approximately 36-24 hours prior to ovulation. Fingers crossed something shows up tomorrow. I'm starting to worry nothing will show up at all!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Andi, yay labs were normal for day 3! Does that give you any comfort or just make you feel more apprehensive?

Sarah, I totally got confused when you referred to tomorrow being Wednesday. I work nights so I never actually know what day it is ... then I remembered you're in Australia so I felt a little better about my time lapse. Okay, so how many days is your normal cycle? You might be a late ovulator/shorter luteal phase kinda gal.

Alzora, feel better soon!! Flu shots for all next year okay? And by "next year" I mean four months from now.

Cheers!
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: partial post redaction
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

@Poppy - Yes, we're about fourteen hours ahead of America (roughly). Right now, it's late Wednesday afternoon here. My normal cycle is 28 days (give or take a day here and there). I'm pretty regular, so I figured my ovulation time would be pretty spot on as well. I'm a bit surprised my results have been negative so far. I'm hoping I get a positive tomorrow. Also, the control line on the tests are very faint, which is odd because I've used their pregnancy tests before (First Response) and the control line was always very dark.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    @Poppy - Yes, we're about fourteen hours ahead of America (roughly). Right now, it's late Wednesday afternoon here. My normal cycle is 28 days (give or take a day here and there). I'm pretty regular, so I figured my ovulation time would be pretty spot on as well. I'm a bit surprised my results have been negative so far. I'm hoping I get a positive tomorrow. Also, the control line on the tests are very faint, which is odd because I've used their pregnancy tests before (First Response) and the control line was always very dark.
    @sarahmezz tell me have you used the maybe baby saliva ovulation detector thingy (sorry don't know what its actually called!)?? its gives the fern look when you are ovulating. I actually used it for my first two and it was pretty accurate. I'm using it this time around as well as an app on my iphone for keeping track of ovulation days, 'intimate days'! etc. I am currently about 8 days off when my period is due. I refuse to do a pregnancy test until my period is "officially" late. Husband and I made sure there was plenty going on this month around the 10 days of when I thought I would be ovulating..............wasn't last month so you never know this month.....
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Quote Originally Posted by poppy528 View Post
    I've never used the non digital OPKs ... Figuring out the difference between two line colors or presence of lines or no would make me crazy!! I will literally stare at them so hard I hallucinate more lines I think. Digital is the only way for me. It is so worth the extre moolah. I always get a pos about day 13 and my cycle is 28 days. Getting a (+) up to day 16 would still be normal for a 28 day or longer cycle.

Ktook, I bought a ferning microscope but never had much luck with it. My saliva always takes too long to dry, and then I get bored! I think the best I ever got was "partial ferning." I threw it in the back of my medicine cabinet with my BBT thermometer. To each their own though- I'm glad you got it to work for you!!
    @poppy having said all that with my first two bubs, the ferning thing hasn't been so accurate this time around - doesn't seem to be showing much. My cycle is back on track though (31 days) after coming off the pill so if its not a positive result this time around I'm thinking I may get the digital option to try if you think its worth it...!!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!