Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 660 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Just took a pregnancy test this morning...and it was a BFP!! I know I wasn't able to really use this support system this time because I just found it yesterday, but I'm so glad it exists. This pregnancy happened quickly which is such a wonderful blessing, but with my first, he took quite a few months. It would have been nice to have a support group like this so that you knew you weren't alone. Thank you for starting this thread and I'm praying that you all have little miracles very soon!
    Mama of two beautiful boys!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    ~Psalm 127:4-5a

Oh wow, congrats, anajo! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Unlike hormonal forms of birth control where the hormones essentially have to wash out of your body; your hypothalamic axis has to be reset, etc, an IUD-- even a progesterone-eluting one like the Mirena-- is mechanical. When it's out, it's out, and there's absolutely no brakes on the system. So I absolutely would not remove it until you are 100% prepared to accept the possibility of pregnancy. The chances of conceiving in the very first cycle are 20% (perhaps more, depending on your age), and are 20% for every cycle after that.
    As a curious teenager on BC for medical reasons I'm kind of curious as to how long it takes to reset and how it actually works. I'm nowhere near wanting kids yet (another 6-7 years) but I never really thought about how BC works. My doctor isn't fond of explaining things to me so beyond knowing it does something with your hormones and the commercials say it takes 3-6 months to be able to get pregnant, I'm clueless.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by grecianern View Post
    @Kibby - this was how I dealt with deciding to get pregnant the first time - Do I want a baby or a puppy? If I couldn't decide, we weren't ready.
    What if I want both?! hahaha

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Quote Originally Posted by thefuturemrsb View Post
    As a curious teenager on BC for medical reasons I'm kind of curious as to how long it takes to reset and how it actually works. I'm nowhere near wanting kids yet (another 6-7 years) but I never really thought about how BC works. My doctor isn't fond of explaining things to me so beyond knowing it does something with your hormones and the commercials say it takes 3-6 months to be able to get pregnant, I'm clueless.
    It varies, but it takes up to a year for the effects to full diminish. Only if you're not cycling and having fertile cycles 12m after stopping is a workup warranted.

Every formulation is different and the combinations are myriad, but the basic point is that the pills you take for the first three weeks "trick" your body into thinking it's pregnant, so it doesn't prepare an egg to be fertilized. Then, when you take the sugar pills, your body "realizes" it's not pregnant, allows the uterine lining to be shed (i.e. give you a period), and you start the whole thing over again.

You take so much exogenous [outside] estrogen and progesterone that the natural hormone production factories are quite suppressed; it takes several months after those outside hormones are withdrawn (stopping birth control) for the whole axis to reset itself and for your body to produce estrogen and progesterone in the proper combinations at the proper time to induce ovulation again.
    Last edited by blade; January 21st, 2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: clarity
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq