Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 660 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kibby View Post
    How do you know when you are ready to actually start a family???
    My grandma says that if you wait until you're ready, you'll never have kids. Of course she meant that to be accompanied with some wisdom and common sense; she wasn't advocating teenage pregnancies or unhealthy choices. But she said that if you wait to have all your ducks in a row, you'll be waiting all your life.

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    My grandma says that if you wait until you're ready, you'll never have kids. Of course she meant that to be accompanied with some wisdom and common sense; she wasn't advocating teenage pregnancies or unhealthy choices. But she said that if you wait to have all your ducks in a row, you'll be waiting all your life.
    My Grandmother says the same thing, and I totally agree

I have definitely heard that too! I really feel I am ready, but my Fiance is in the mindset that everything needs to be perfect! But knowing life, there will always be something!!!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Hi @kibby. We were the kind of couple who wanted to wait until everything was perfect. Though I wouldn't change a thing about our decisions, I will say that no matter how many ducks we got in a row, there was always something else that we *could* have waited for. To be honest, now that we are finally trying, all the stuff that we felt like we *HAD* to have happen before we had a baby seems a little silly. I think it was just our way of throwing up roadblocks because we just weren't ready yet. In hindsight my husband and I thought that once everything was *perfect* we would be ready, but as it turns out things are far from perfect and yet we are still absolutely ready to be parents. I guess what I am trying to say is that in the end , if you are ready to be a parent all of the other "stuff" won't matter as much any more. I hope maybe this was helpful and I wish you good luck whenever you decide tbe time is right.

Also, according to my little ovulation app, my best days will be the 31st and the 1st. Hopefully my ovulation strips will agree and this will be our lucky month. Lets go February!!