Names Searched Right Now:
Page 157 of 660 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 657 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@megmarie the only risk to taking NSAIDs in pregnancy-- not preconception, but pregnancy-- is that blood clotting is impaired. This is a concern during delivery itself as the risk of postpartum hemorrhage goes up. The NSAIDs can have results which last approximately 3 months at the very, very most, so honestly they are safe in pregnancy before the third trimester, though most OBs say avoid them wholesale. They are not extremely potent (we obviously perform surgery on people all the time who took an advil in the last 90 days, and they do not suffer from massive internal bleeding afterwards) and frankly it is completely fine to take your usual migraine remedies like Excedrin. Bromocriptine (if you take that) or sumatriptan, no. But Excedrin is fine.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Khaatje, my doctor had said only Tylenol or Benedryl, which are not very effective for me (oh and Benadryl makes me hallucinate sometimes so I try to avoid it if at all possible!!!) Thank you for the well wishes

Blade, you are my angel today. I just popped an Excedrin and my fingers are crossed that it will kick in soon. Thank you SO much. I literally started crying when I read that. (But, I also cried when the doctor had said I couldn't, so maybe I am just destined to be a weepy mess today.)

Thanks again
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Happy to help. "NO NSAIDs" is the standard party line, but they're honestly weak sauce for bleeding, but *excellent* for aborting migraines.

Since this is the TTC thread, and I am TTC.... period is late. No symptoms. Not yet tested. Am guardedly pessimistic.
    Blade, MD

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Hi blade, what are you waiting for? Test already

About the NSAIDs, I was told not to take ibuprofen while TTC because it can surpresse ovulation?

Maybe after work.

Re: ovulation: The NS bit stands for non-steroidal. The drugs reversibly inhibit an enzyme called COX-2, which kicks off inflammatory cascades all over the body but particularly in the vasculature. One class of these inflammatory compounds are called prostaglandins, which are supposedly linked to ovulation though no pathway has been elucidated. In animal studies massive, daily doses of the most potent NSAID (indomethacin) suppressed ovulation in rats, though again no one knows how. The difference between massive, supra-physiologic doses of indomethacin and sporadic use of excedrin is enormous.
    Blade, MD