Names Searched Right Now:
Page 145 of 660 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 645 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

To all the posters who are really struggling to conceive, whether explained infertility or not, my heart goes out to you. I reached a stage, after two failed cycles of IVF and years of ttc, where I had to face the very real possibility that we may never have a biological child. After a lot of tears and soul searching, I decided to be grateful for what life had blessed me with (a good man, career, family, friends, a lovely home, etc), and realised that what I truly wanted was to be a parent. If this resonates with you, then you can take comfort from the fact that if you are open to adoption (and I understand and respect that not everyone is) you can be a parent one day. This made me relax about the ttc part, because my husband and I decided to do another round of IVF (we are lucky that our county in the UK funds three attempts) and just keep trying for the remainder of our 30s while the biological clock was ticking. Then we would seriously look at adoption in our 40s. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it gave us a plan to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post

Not sure how soon to start ovulation tests. AF just tapered off so I guess I could start any day now, but I know it's too early to be ovulating just yet so why waste a test. I just want to be doing something; I get so restless during these down times.
    Since it's your first month using them consider starting a day or two before the directions recommend just in case you ovulate early. Have you been checking your cervical mucus? When it would get close to my ovulation day I would test two or three times a day to see the ovulation stripe building up clearly. I know you're not supposed to do this, but I used to keep my old tests to see the how line built up over time. It made me feel like I wasn't broken and my body was naturally doing what it was supposed to do. Even though the test isn't good anymore after a certain period of time I just liked holding onto them.

I got some Wondfo pregnancy tests too because I hated waiting for my period, especially if it was a couple days late. I'm not a patient person and that drove me crazy. I was still sad when it said "not pregnant," but it was better than waiting to me. One time my period was a week late and my OB told me that that was probably a spontaneous abortion that I never even knew was a pregnancy. I was sort of sad for a second, but then I realized that my body had a good reason for aborting that zygote and I was grateful.

Good luck! I was really happy with Wondfo and I hope you have the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    Since it's your first month using them consider starting a day or two before the directions recommend just in case you ovulate early. Have you been checking your cervical mucus? When it would get close to my ovulation day I would test two or three times a day to see the ovulation stripe building up clearly. I know you're not supposed to do this, but I used to keep my old tests to see the how line built up over time. It made me feel like I wasn't broken and my body was naturally doing what it was supposed to do. Even though the test isn't good anymore after a certain period of time I just liked holding onto them.

I got some Wondfo pregnancy tests too because I hated waiting for my period, especially if it was a couple days late. I'm not a patient person and that drove me crazy. I was still sad when it said "not pregnant," but it was better than waiting to me. One time my period was a week late and my OB told me that that was probably a spontaneous abortion that I never even knew was a pregnancy. I was sort of sad for a second, but then I realized that my body had a good reason for aborting that zygote and I was grateful.

Good luck! I was really happy with Wondfo and I hope you have the same experience.
    I'm pretty sure that's what I had this month. I was 11 days late for my period, totally felt like I was pregnant, and then my period finally showed up and it's heavier and more painful than usual.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

@sarahmezz - You never know... But it's only month 1. I think my doc said couples only have a 20% chance per month. Good luck to you!
    TTC #1

@alzora - I second that - testing earlier. I once got a positive on the ovulation stick on Day 11. Granted I'm still trying and all that, but you never know... Good luck!
    TTC #1