Names Searched Right Now:
Page 134 of 660 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 634 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Quote Originally Posted by alzora View Post
    @Nowakasia, what on earth is a saline ultrasound?? And what are fibroids and polyps? What causes them, and how do they interfere with conception? Anyway, try not to get overwhelmed with all the information your doctor gave you on infertility. What she gave you was, I'm sure, an overview of a very broad topic! I felt the same when I began to deal with my vaginismus; looking at all of the information at once was disheartening. Try to just focus on the very next step. I hope the saline ultrasound is painless for you, and I hope your solution is found to be a quick and easy one.

Haha that's what I said when she told me about the ultrasound. Basically this is what it is:

A standard ultrasound uses sound waves to image the shape of the uterus and other pelvic organs. A SIS is an ultrasound that goes one step further by using sterile water to distend the uterine cavity to obtain more accurate information about fibroids, polyps, or the lining of the uterus.

As for fibroids and polyps......

A fibroid is a benign tumor of muscular and fibrous tissues, typically developing in the wall of the uterus.

A polyp is a small growth, typically benign and with a stalk, protruding from a mucous membrane.

I think the ultrasound should be painless based on what I've read, but it sounds kind of weird so I wanted to be sure haha. :/

Hopefully I don't have either, but if I do, then I hope they're all that are causing my issues and can be removed....
    TTC #1

Quote Originally Posted by khaatje View Post
    I'm having a bad day today, I was so happy to finally start the first round of trying next week when I found out my SIL is pregnant with her first and infected with the parvovirus. We're not sure the baby is going to make it. Sure I know getting and staying pregnant is not in our hands, but I feel very sad and discouraged today
    I'm so sorry to hear this! That's very very scary. Hope she recovers quickly and everything is alright in utero.

Rollo please get better soon!!!
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: post redaction
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

Good luck with the tests poppy528 and nowakasia, I hope you get some answers.
    Alzora, parvovirus causes fifth disease, no problem for an adult, but in utero it can cause severe anemia in the baby, we now have to wait 6 months to see if the baby survives the pregnancy and delivery. Once the baby is born it may need a bloodtransfusion, but other than that no complications are expected if the baby makes it that far.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. Good luck to everyone else going through tests and navigating the world of infertility medicine...
    TTC #1

*post redacted*
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: privacy
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz