Names Searched Right Now:
Page 133 of 660 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 633 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@Violetindigo - Congratulations! Wonderful news

@Rollo - Thinking of you and hoping you feel better very soon x.

@Alzora - TIB, what a b!tch!
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I feel much better today – it’s amazing what a good night’s sleep and airing all your worries to the internet can do for your soul! Thank you all for listening to me. I have a physical booked for the end of April so I will discuss everything with my doctor and go from there.

@whit – Thanks for sharing your experience! I will definitely call my endocrinologist once I’m pregnant and see what she says. (And congrats on your pregnancy!)

@alzora – thank you for the kind words of encouragement. You are so lovely. I hope that you can get everything sorted out with your insurance.

@Blade – Thanks for for your advice (I was hoping you’d chime in!). I will definitely talk to my doctor about taking a higher amount of folate when I see her at the end of April. I’m not sure what the implications are of what you said about screening for Klippel Feil, but I am hoping it means that IVF wouldn’t be useful in my case?… I’d rather take my chances than go through the expense of IVF. Again, something else I will discuss with my doctor.

@violetindigo – Congratulations! How wonderful!

@PoppyHope your test goes well tomorrow! Will be thinking of you.

@Rollo – hope you get better soon!

@khaatje – I’m sorry to hear about your SIL. Sending thoughts your way.

Hope you all have a good day! xo

- Andrea

@violetindigo - Congrats!!!

@alzora - I can't believe the billing lady said that to you.... that's completely out of line.

Quick update on my doc visit today....

So I went to my OB/GYN today to discuss my lack of getting pregnant and my crazy cycles.... I was really nervous but it went okay.

After finding out I've "only" been TTC for 8-9 months, she repeated the standard line about insurance not covering any kind of infertility stuff before a year. However, with my abnormal cycles and the spotting I've been having, she said it gave her some leeway in being able to get started on trying to find out what's going on.

So I have a SIS ultrasound (Saline Ultrasound) scheduled for next week. This will check for fibroids and polyps and other fun things... :/ Has anyone ever had one of these? Is it painful in any way?

Once I get my period, I will have a Day 3 blood test done and a Day 21 blood test.

If my period is still absent, she will have me take a hormone to induce it.

She also made mention of me taking Clomid possibly eventually in the future...

So that's it. I feel some relief at having gone in and getting the ball rolling on some kind of action. On the other hand, she sent me home with all of this infertility literature that only made me depressed as I started reading it. With all of the possible things that can go wrong with trying to conceive, it truly is a miracle that women are having babies left and right!
    TTC #1

@nowakasia - I'm glad you went to your appointment and at least have a vague idea of what's going on. I know what you mean about women getting pregnant left and right! Maybe I spend too much time on this thread, but, after a while, you start to think it's downright impossible to get pregnant!
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Aww, @Rollo, that sucks! For what it's worth, I will pray for you. People prayed for me when things got scary, and miracles happened. Take heart.

@MrsH, I'm happy that your BBT stayed up, but I'm sorry to hear that you're still in so much discomfort. Ginger and peppermint for nausea, and heat on your abdomen for cramps! Also, crossword puzzles are a good distraction when you feel sick. I'm such a dork. But it gets your mind off your symptoms.

@khaatje, LOL...TIB's. Well when I call the clinic back, I will probably not talk to Theresa-in-billing again. I'll probably just talk to DTR (Debbie-the-receptionist), and she seemed nice enough. But hey, what on earth is the parvovirus??! I do hope your little niece or nephew and your sister-in-law are okay!

@Andrea, glad you're feeling a bit more relaxed. There is something therapeutic about putting all your thoughts out there in writing. I've never been able to keep a diary, though people always told me about the therapeutic value of them...but I'm a writer, and I only write for audiences. I never saw the value in writing something that will never be read. That's why I come here to write out all my thoughts and worries. What a great group to write for and interact with. Diaries don't offer this kind of support, you know? Vent and worry aloud anytime you'd like to here.

@Nowakasia, what on earth is a saline ultrasound?? And what are fibroids and polyps? What causes them, and how do they interfere with conception? Anyway, try not to get overwhelmed with all the information your doctor gave you on infertility. What she gave you was, I'm sure, an overview of a very broad topic! I felt the same when I began to deal with my vaginismus; looking at all of the information at once was disheartening. Try to just focus on the very next step. I hope the saline ultrasound is painless for you, and I hope your solution is found to be a quick and easy one.
    Last edited by alzora; April 17th, 2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: perfectionist.