Names Searched Right Now:
Page 122 of 660 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

Hi!

Like Taliface, I've also just joined Nameberry. I'm also 29, married since fall of 2012. I've been following this thread for about a month now, and actually have read back to July 2012 so I feel like I almost *know* some of you. Congratulations to those who got their BFPs and I hope that this month brings good news for everyone.

@MrsH - I have my fingers crossed for you!

As for me, I'm still on the pill, until probably June, after our Grand European Adventure. I have a serious case of baby fever and premature worry about my fertility. But I feel like premature worrying is accepted here without judgment.

I will probably list all my worries and concerns one day soon but for now, I will keep this short and sweet!

- Andrea

@alzora: the Mucinex thing came highly recommended to me by my SIL's midwife, and 2 friends. Take one plain old Mucinex an hour before sex to thin your mucus. I'm sure there are people who will say it's useless or doesn't help - but here we are, first month after I tried it and FINALLY pregnant again. Hallelujah! We, of course, also tracked my cycle using an iPhone app and a kit we bought at the drug store that had me peeing on a stick every morning, but that was all we did. I laughed when I first heard it but figured, what the heck, it won't hurt anything. I say give it a shot! Best of luck to you!

Also: I have also heard to skip intimacy before a gyno appointment - but I think that's only if you're going for a PAP? It can alter the results. If you're going in for a fertility thing, I honestly don't know. But if it happens to fall right in your O window, why not postpone a few days or a week? I did. But yeah, my baby-fever is way out of control at this point so I couldn't resist. <<hugs>>
    Last edited by cvdutch31; April 14th, 2013 at 08:27 PM.

@alzora-- the night before is fine. An hour before, no. And I like the story behind the girl's name, but was curious why you chose Narnia itself over Lucy? As she was always the 'dear heart' in question?

@MrsH-- absolutely it could be ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (which means lots of unopposed estrogen, plus vague visceral pain from the developing follicles). The estrogen would be the reason behind the symptoms. That's why I'm surprised you're not getting an ultrasound, especially before doubling your Clomid dose? And one month only? After lap drilling too? This isn't my field, there might well be a valid reason I don't know, but I might ask the REI.

Thanks all for your thoughts on Théophane-- I especially liked your description, alzora. It's the French reflection of the original Greek, and is pronounced Tay-o-PHAN. Versus the flatter English Theophania or Theophany. I like the former but it's 5 syllables, eek, and I'm not sure how wearable the latter is. Anyway, if things don't work out this month, I'll start looking into feast days at the end of Jan.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post

@MrsH-- absolutely it could be ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (which means lots of unopposed estrogen, plus vague visceral pain from the developing follicles). The estrogen would be the reason behind the symptoms. That's why I'm surprised you're not getting an ultrasound, especially before doubling your Clomid dose? And one month only? After lap drilling too? This isn't my field, there might well be a valid reason I don't know, but I might ask the REI.
    What she said MrsH. It seems strange to jump to a high dose of Clomid with no U/S to see what your current dose of Clomid was doing for you. My doctor wouldn't prescribe clomid without the ultrasounds to go with it. She wanted to be very careful to avoid multiples. If your ovaries are being overstimulated, you could produce 4 eggs at once, which doesn't guarantee you'll have quadruplets, but it does raise your chances for more than one baby. It is definitely something you should discuss with your doctor. Also, have you ever tried Femara? It is a somewhat safer/less extreme medication that can help with ovulation. My doctor did prescribe it for one month without an ultrasound to go with it, but it didn't work for me. I know it works for some people though, and it might cause fewer side effects. As far as the progesterone levels, I'm not sure what they are supposed to be at for ovulation, but I do know that I had to take a progesterone vaginal suppository when I found out I was pregnant because my levels were low. I had to take it every night till week 10, I think. If your progesterone levels are likely to be a problem you might want to talk to your doc about the supplements now, because they usually have to be shipped to you, and it's good to have them as soon as possible.

Welcome to all the newbies on here! I hope you get your BFPs soon!
    @alzora: I love your name choices and the stories behind them. I especially love names that give a very vivid mental picture. I feel that way about a few of my girl names. Good luck with your upcoming appointmets! I hope you get to keep your fertility appointment with or without your paper work. It can take forever to get an appointment set up.
    @blade: I really like Theophane! Especially for a mn (just because of pronunciation issues). My first thought was Theophilus, which is a nice namesake.

Baby dust to all! :-)
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

@Poppy - The app I use is called Period Tracker. I input data such as when my period comes (obviously), but also my moods and when my husband and I are intimate. It figures out when I'm fertile and when I'm ovulating. However, I don't use OPKs, so I don't know how accurate the calculator really is.

@Blade - I think Theophane would be a lovely middle name for a girl

Of course, I think of names all the time! Currently, my favourite girls name is Susannah Blythe. For a boy, I'm not too sure. A few of my favourites are Arthur, Frederick and Wesley. I said to my husband last night that I hope I'm pregnant so we can finally discuss names! We've had a couple of small discussions, but I want to really sit down and get a proper list happening!
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter