Names Searched Right Now:
Page 112 of 660 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

To @blade and those who have been on Clomid, is it normal for symptoms to change with every cycle?

For me each month changes, as well as each day! It is such a roller coaster, both emotionally and physically. I think it is very weird to not have specific symptoms for one medication. I realize that each person could handle medication differently but to change each month is just really bizarre to me. I don't really know how to handle it.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

[QUOTE=blade;1851750]@alzora the HSG is nearly completely painless. There is mild discomfort potentially associated with the cervical dilation to inject the dye. The dye is radio-opaque, it just travels up your tubes, and a series of X-rays is taken of your pelvis. It's just a syringe of dye.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'll say that my personal experience with the HSG (I've had two) is that it is extremely painful. (My sister-in-law had one as well and had a similar experience, so I'm not completely alone in this.) It is fortunately very brief, just a few minutes. I took 3 or 4 Advil beforehand, as instructed by my doctor, and I would definitely do that. I'm not saying this to scare anyone, and but for me "mild discomfort" didn't begin to describe it, so if you are having the procedure, it might be good to prepare yourself (somehow) for the possibility of brief but extreme pain.

[QUOTE=alzora;1851532]@poppy, wait...should we be scared about the HSG? I thought it would be painless. But you sound nervous. Are these going to hurt? Anyway, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.

Hi! I am still lingering here. My experience with the HSG was awful! It was so painful that they had to stop it. However, a friend of mine had one done before me and said it was a breeze. They will tell you take ibuprofen before it. Do it! I didn't. I went home and stayed on the couch the rest of the day and did not move. My friend went back to work!
    I guess it is different for everyone. I may have had a blocked tube. I was told that I should get it done again to double check that, but I refused.
    I hope you have a better experience than I did.

The experience of cervical dilation is very different for different women. I've had it twice as a patient, for IUD insertion, and felt extremely mild cramping which resolved within 1-2 hours. Other women have intolerable cramping that necessitates cessation of the procedure or removal of the device.

Since the cervix in any non-pregnant woman is completely closed, you have to open it a wee bit to admit something more or less the size of a pencil. They usually recommend taking your trusty go-to PMS/cramping remedy, be it Advil or Alleve or what have you.

@poppy-- it's seriously-- seriously-- nothing anyone would bat an eyelash at. I mean barely even notice. I do, like, five pelvic exams a year (so almost none) and they're almost always in women with massive vaginal bleeds who come into the ER hypotensive. I mean it's impossible to overstate how routine this is and how no care provider would even notice. You should absolutely not be embarrassed-- they are requesting to evaluate you on Day 3 of your cycle.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Thank you @Niteowl and @Hilary.

@Whit32 and @Blade, I know doctors are a very professional lot and are way more used to blood and guts in comparison to me. I just keep imagining some Dexter-like kill room being set up for the ultrasound. My anxiety is getting the better of my imagination these days.
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: post redaction