Names Searched Right Now:
Page 107 of 660 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

@sarahmezz: Ha! Hopefully we all could! Thank you! :-)

Thanks, skylark! I really appreciate the tips. (: I love yoga, but never really tried to integrate it into my schedule much. Maybe I'll try making time for it for a few weeks and see if it helps at all. I've got an entire packet of breathing exercises somewhere that I made a few years ago to help me manage my anxiety. Maybe I'll dig that up and try a few of those. I really, really hope I find something that works.

Also, I've been taking melatonin to help me sleep for about 2 years to help me sleep. I've always been a night owl, and ever since high school, I've had to take meds to help me sleep or I'd be up until 5am. So, anyway, I was have one of my psychotic rampages, trying to figure out any and every way to help boost my chances of conception. So I was doing my research on every medication I'm on (a few anti-anxiety drugs and antidepressants), but every source I looked at seemed to say something different. So then I looked up vitamin D, no problem there. Then I looked up melatonin, and almost every page said it can affect your chances of getting pregnant. Has anyone else heard this? Now I don't know if I should discontinue my use of it or what. If I don't take it, I won't be getting enough sleep. If I do, it's possibly inhibiting my chances of getting pregnant. So I'm in a lose-lose situation here. Either way, I'm decreasing my chances a little bit at least. I'll probably call my doctor tomorrow if I have the chance.

Sorry for the super long rant. I'm driving Ryan up the wall with all my worrying.
    Kim & Ryan
    Married June 04, 2011
    TTC #1 since November 2012

Firstly, the only baby-related dream I've had in my life occurred two weeks ago, and in it I gave birth to a boy named Gordon. I thought, after all the time perusing nameberry surely my subconscious would have better names knocking around, no?

Secondly, Clomid is a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator). Usually when estrogen binds to estrogen receptors in the hypothalamus, that shuts down the whole gonadotropins axis (since FSH ---> estrogen by the pathway above; once estrogen is in the system the body says "OK, we've done our job, no more estrogen needed.") This is called negative or inhibitory feedback.

Clomid binds to those receptors, blocks them, and prevents estrogen from doing so. Since the body never sees estrogen, it thinks "holy crap! Better pump out the gonadotropins, we need some estrogen here!!" So the pituitary secretes more and more FSH, which makes more follicles, and the follicles secrete the estrogen which is making you feel so, um, turdy.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Wow. That actually made sense. Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. So I assume it just goes on until I get pregnant or have my period? This sounds sooooo fun.

And yeah, your subconscious failed with Gordon. Mine has gotten real creative. My twin preemies whose eyes wouldn't open were Aria and Petal. One of the triplets with mono was also my little brother. Stuff like that. And then there was the drowned adopted baby dream which I won't go into because it was fracking horrible and disturbing. I've never had baby dreams either but apparently it's a thing now.

No-- there is a reason you only take Clomid for five days. Clomids job is to make you make a bunch of follicles, who then turn into corpus lutea. The corpus luteum modulates the switchover from estrogen to progesterone in the menstrual cycle (which is divided into the follicular phase, the first half, and the luteal phase, the second half). The corpus lutea secretes progesterone which thickens the lining of the uterus to get ready for implantation. It is dependent on B-HCG to survive, and if fertilization does not occur, it disintegrates. No more progesterone is therefore produced and the estrogen kicks off again.

Bottom line, you should only feel awful from days 5-15 of the cycle (Clomid time plus ensuing hyper-estrogen follicular phase).

Are you getting an ultrasound now that you've had the drilling and are on Clomid?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq