Names Searched Right Now:
Page 100 of 660 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 600 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

VERY SLOW MONTH!!!! My AF is on it`s way as well, spent a day crying about it (hormones....arg) but doing all right now, this will make this coming cycle my 15th cycle, which means 14 months without so much a hint of a BFP =( what a drag. Hope you ladies are doing well and are more relaxed than me!

Hi Alzora.

I just wanted to share my TTC experience in case it helps anyone here. My husband and I tried for about 4 months before we were successful and I think amazon helped me figure out what my "problem" was. So in my failed months of anxiously TTC (and being really frustrated when my best friend got pregnant on accident) I had been using the expensive digital tests, which I think may have been causing me to miss the best time to conceive in relation to ovulation due to them being less sensitive than the cheaper ones I discovered later. Wondfo was so sensitive that I could see the line gradually get darker over a few days:

http://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Step-Ov.../dp/B004IJHDN6

I read the product reviews and got some good info from other ladies who explained that checking cervical position was important. I'm about to get graphic here, so stop reading if you don't want to hear about lady parts. For those who don't know, the cervix (sometimes) changes position, gets softer, slippery with egg white like consistency, and opens slightly during ovulation. The way that you check this is in the shower with your fingers. The reason it needs to be in the shower is so that your hands and genitals are clean so you don't give yourself an infection. I had never officially poked around in there looking for cervical changes, but once I did I noticed that my cervix was way off to the left and I wondered if the sperm wasn't getting all the way over there because gravity worked against it.

The month that we conceived this is what I did differently: after sex I put one pillow that had been folded in half under my hips and slightly off to the right so that gravity would push the sperm towards my slightly off center cervix. After sex I turned on the tv and waited A FULL HOUR with the pillow under my hips. I shouldn't have eaten right before that because my stomach was not happy, but oh well. The average sperm goes from a gelatin like state to a liquid state after twenty minutes, so if you're not waiting more than 20 minutes before you stand up the sperm doesn't have much of a chance to swim up there. A lot of women say they had success when they just went to sleep after sex without standing up to go to the bathroom.

I should also mention that we tried to go on fast walks regularly for some exercise in the months prior to conception. I didn't let either of us drink caffeine or alcohol, eat processed food, or eat very much sugar. I was taking prenatals before conception and I tried to do some gentle yoga and meditation to relax and get rid of some of that anxiety.

BTW - my first pregnancy symptom was what seemed to be the worst PMS I had ever felt. I got extremely angry at my brother at something that would normally only slightly piss me off. It was about something that needed discussion anyway, but I didn't argue gracefully. LOL

Good luck, ladies. I know how it feels to be torn apart when you get your period.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Skylark. Your tips are helpful! I'm sure others on this thread will appreciate them as well.

My husband and I are kind of in the fertile window right now. I say "kind of" because I could ovulate as late as Saturday, but more likely I have already ovulated earlier this week. We've just been active on and off all month, not worrying about hitting certain days, but last night my neurosis kicked in again and I got really nervous at the thought that I could be pregnant. Trying to conceive with this kind of inevitable fear in the back of my mind is like playing Russian roulette.

You're welcome, Alzora.

At my preconception appointment my OB told us that it's important to figure out your ovulation date and to have sex every other day instead of every day in order to build up enough sperm to reach the egg. I can't say enough good things about those Wondfo ovulation strips. They really made me feel less anxious about using them because they're a fraction of the price of digital so I didn't feel like I was wasting money. I should also mention that in addition to taking my prenatals at night I made my husband take a men's multivitamin every night before conception because it's supposed to make sperm production more efficient.

I'm not sure why, but I noticed that on the months that I exercised regularly my ovulation came slightly before it would on a lazy month.

Hello ladies! I am new to this board and to TTC. This is our first cycle TTC #3. I believe I ovulated around Tuesday, so I think I'm 3 DPO. I hate the 2-week-wait. Hoping for a Christmas baby. Good luck to all of you in your TTC journey.