Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Shall I use Sophie when my first dd nn is Sofia?

I reserved Penelope for another girl so I used Sofia for my first dd mn instead of Penelope. Now I want this baby girls name to be Sophie but will this turn into a sibling issue somehow? They will be Irish twins so I figure it would be alright and they are slightly different: Sofia and Sophie. Plus ones a mn and ones a first name. Oh I'm thinking Sophie Rosemarie or Sophie Rose. I also like Charlotte Rose.
    Proud Mama to Dylan Daniel & Eve Sofia
    favored names: Penelope Farrah Luca
    Caleb Ethan Farris Luke Lukas Luka

I don't think so.
    Too close...Charlotte is beautiful

So you want to give the 2nd daughter your first daughter's middle (I mean, it's basically the same name)

I don't think it's a huge big deal. The only sibling issue could be if your first resents sharing her stuff with the younger sister, even her name isn't exclusively hers. She might feel less *special* but of course this all depends on your parenting style. Maybe it will be positive like a nice connection between them that they will both love.

Personally I think that too many great names are out there to reuse one. I love my daughter's middle but once I used it I find it & all varients, even the less obvious ones, unusable

Please do not give your daughters the same name.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Those really are the same name. Go with Charlotte. Sofia and Charlotte is WAY better.
    Setra Reign 6/22/08
    Lennox Jay 2/26/14