Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 middle names- How much is too much?

Can everyone pull of two middle names and how long is too long? We think that we want to name our twins Althea Ellington and Theodore Augustus. Would it be obnoxious to extend that to Althea Ellington Faith and Theodore Augustus Peace? Faith would be for the virtue but also artist Faith Ringgold. How much is too much when it comes to a name? Should we just skip the second middle name?

Two is pushing it, but still okay. I wouldn't do three, though, unless you're royalty or whatever.
    Annie, mid-twenties, vegetarian, name lover. No kids yet, just two furbabies - Roxy & Layla.
    Top favorites for a girl: Beatrice Lily, Charlotte Amelia, Clara Louisa, Eliza Ruby, Josephine Alice, Katherine Annabel, Lillian Audrey, Margaret Helena, Matilda Iris, Philippa Violet
    Top favorites for a boy: Adrian Silas, Alexander Gray, Emmett Oliver, Jasper Milo, Julian Edward, Lucian Henry, Nathaniel August, Samuel Owen, Rowan Felix, Theodore August

I don't see the problem with using two middle names. I've loved the idea since I was 8 and discovered that my cousins had two middle names not one. I was so jealous. But you would have to be careful with adding an extra name to two long names or it might become to much. Both the names you listed would only work if you have a shorter last name, IMO anyway.
    15 year old name lover, with a cat named Neville.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826126

I think I'm in the minority on this site, but two middle names is just too much name. It's beautiful that you are into those virtues (Faith and Peace) but I really don't think they add much to your current combinations.

Althea Ellington and Theodore Augustus are fabulous, fabulous as they stand.
    Mom to James Daniel (9), William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

I think two middle names is too much...always.