• Kynthia

0 0%
  • Karis

6 37.50%
  • Kyra

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

K names for a little girl

I'm doing a Beauty and the Beast retelling, and I've got this little character I'd like to name. The best way to describe her is that she's kind of the "Chip" of my retelling, the friendly little 6/7 year old trapped in an enchantment that makes her invisible. (Which doesn't really matter because my main character's blind...)
    Anyway, her name right now is Kyrie. She used to be a boy named Kyre, but now I'm doubting my choice.
    Kyrie means "lord"
    All of my names are greek/latin, so I've come up with several choices. (and it has to start with K, and can't be any form of Kalista or Kallie because my main character is named Calista)

Her last name as of right now is Gill. Her mother is Melina and her father is Thaddeus.
    Kyria
    Kyrene
    Kalonice (Beauty’s victory)
    Kalyca (rosebud)
    Karis (love)
    Kineta (full of energy)
    Klynn (glory)
    Kynthia

What do you like best? Any of these names would fit her.
    Teenage Name Geek & Author
    Novel Faves:
    Beauty is Blind:Aurelia Dawn, Briony Sage & Calista Rose; Damien Lysander
    Twice Upon a Time: Contenza "Connie" & Jensina "Jennie"
    Reality:
    GIRLS: Antonia Jude "Annie" Rosalind Briar "Lindy" Felicity Snow, Tabitha Belle, Briallen
    BOYS: Gabriel Kai, Sebastian Lawrence, Benedict Jotham, Lionel James, Nathaniel
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9792647

My personal favorite 'k' name is the Japanese word for beautiful: Kirei. Pronounced keer-ay, I think it is gorgeous and fits in with the other names you are choosing from- except it isn't Latin or Greek.

From your list, I think I'd go with Kyrie- sounds cute, which I think is what you want for your character.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

My personal favorite of your choices is Karis. One of my close friends is named Karis and she could easily fit Chip role. I also think it's fun to say
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Out of those, I would just stick with Kyrie. It's cute and different.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

Hm. I think Kyrie is a great fit, followed by Karis, and Kyra. Good luck!