Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Please help with name for Felicity's sister

Hi berries,

I'm expecting a new bundle of joy on April 3, 2013 and I am having a really hard time choosing a name. We don't know baby's gender but we have a boys name, Andreas, in mind but are totally stuck for a girls name.

We have an adorable 3 year old daughter Felicity. Her name suits her through and through and my husband and I absolutely adore her name, the meaning and sound are perfect. Perhaps that's why it's so difficult to find a second girls name we share affection with.

Currently I really like the "v" sound but can't find THE name, if you know what I mean. We have entertained Evangeline/Evangelina, Vannah, Valory (I don't like the "ee" ending for both siblings), Valence, Violet (which my husband doesn't like)...and without the "v", Fiona, Rosalie (again the "ee", no good)

Any suggestions, we'd love to hear,

Thanks so much for your help berries, I can't wait to hear your ideas

I think Felicity and Violet sound wonderful together. Shame your husband's not on board- mine wasn't for Violet, either. Having trouble with other Vs at the moment. I know it's nothing too exciting but I have always thought Vanessa was a beautiful name. It sounds nice enough with Felicity, though I'm not sure if the styles mesh well.

How bout linking the meanings and choosing another name that means "happy"? Abigail comes to mind- sweet name that sounds as timeless as Felicity. Even their sound makes me think they come from the same era. Allegra is another interesting "happy" name but might be tough if you're in the U.S. (with the allergy medication connection).

Ohh, another V name that I love love love! Evelyn. Gorgeous. Don't care how popular it is, it's so lovely. And sounds magnificent with Felicity. Cute nickname options, but I probably would never tire of uttering all 3 syllables!

Good luck & congrats

I agree that Abigail and Evelyn would be very pretty choices.

Another 'V' name that is a bit old-fashioned and might work would be Vera.
    And also Maeve.

I also think Nora or Cora could pair nicely with Felicity. As well as Celia, or Cecelia.

good luck!

I adore Violet!

What about..
    Vivian
    Victoria
    Valentina
    Verity
    Virginia
    Vera

I like Virginia best with Felicity. They both have a historic, happy feel.
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

Felicity is a delicate name so here are some you may like:

Seraphina/Serafina/Seraphine
    Tallulah
    Jemima
    Delfina/Delphine
    Emilia
    Felicity
    Gracelynn