Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Matthew McConaughey's son

Born yesterday, Camilla Alves gave birth to Livingston Alves McConaughey. Brother to Vida and Levi.

http://www.people.com/people/article...660518,00.html

SAY. WHAT. Levi and Vida go so nicely together... but Livingston!? Besides the fact that it has nothing in common with the sibs' style-wise... Levi and Livingston? The beginnings are almost identical.

I haven't been this rattled by a celebrity baby name IN A WHILE.

Yeah I agree, it doesn't match at all. Surely he will go by something else, maybe a short form, although I don't have a clue what it could be...
    Boy favorites: Tristan Daniel, Elias Antonio, Samuel Elliott
    Girl favorites: Myla Giovanna, Auden Elizabeth, Savannah Harper

They must have some crazy nickname for him planned that I can't find in Livingston. Definitely not a fan of that name!
    Setra Reign 6/22/08
    Lennox Jay 2/26/14

This just demonstates for me our difficult it can be to choose a name when parents start a pattern. They love the letter "v" so Livingston fits that pattern. However, the name really doesn't "fit" with Levi and Vida. Kind of disappointing. Something more unusual like Ivo/Ivor, Sylvan, Paavo, Juvenal, Ludovic, Octavian/Octavius, Evander, Ovid, Rouvin or Severn would have been wonderful. Oh well, Livingston must have some significance for the couple. I know Matthew's motto is "Just keep livin" so maybe it's a play on that favourite phrase.
    Last edited by mischa; December 30th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Livingston is pretty random... Perhaps Livingston is a family surname? Surely it has some significance to Matthew and Camilla.

Congratulations to the couple nonetheless!
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia