Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abbiemarie View Post
    I don't think Caitlyn is dated to much. It was popular in the 1990's, but I think it is coming back. I actually love the name! If its the name you love then you should go for it.
    Ditto.

I don't find it dated. Yet.

Sorry. It's a bit dated, but I do love the Caitlyn spelling. I do think, given it's a variant of Catherine, it is pretty classic. And, the -lyn ending has come back. If you love it, go for it.

I don't know anyone who has it spelled the same. I know a Caitlyn, Kaitlyn, Kaitlin, and Katelyn, as a late '90 baby. I've seen Catelynne and Kaytlin in older yearbooks as well. I do like Caitlin but I know so many that I know it is going to be a pain to spell, so it would be wise to go with the more elegant, similar sounding, uncommon Catalina/Katalina.

To me, Caitlin and its many spellings aren't as much dated as overused and trendy (with the -lyn ending).
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

The original -- Caitlin -- feels quite like a modern classic, but its spelling variations all feel dated to me.
    Abigail, Beatrice, Cecily, Elise, Hazel, India, Matilda, Scarlett, Svea

Isaac, James, Jasper, Julius, Lyle, Nicholas, Sebastian, Thomas, William

Quote Originally Posted by nicole_1024 View Post
    The original -- Caitlin -- feels quite like a modern classic, but its spelling variations all feel dated to me.

Exactly this. Katelyn looks trendy and dated. Caitlin looks like a modern classic.