Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I didn't immediately realize that Nora and Alana were Irish, so you might be right about them not being Irish enough. I always thought Nora was a nn for Eleanor or Lenora.

I think Aislinn would be a good name, in terms of it being very Irish in spelling, but still easily pronounced. Unfortunately, some people will associate it with or misspell it as Ashlyn.

Maeve would be a perfect name if your hubby liked it. It is definitely Irish, while being well known enough that most people won't have problems pronouncing it. It think it is lovely.

Fiona is nice as well and extremely easy to spell and pronounce for most people. I would still suggest you use it if you love it. The only time I consider a name off limits is if its my niece or nephew's name.

I am not a fan of Caelainn. It seems more difficult to spell and it just gets lumped in with all the trendy Kaylin, Kayle and Kayla names. Same with Keelin.

Ciara is my favorite on your list. I had a German Shepherd named Kiera, and part of me wished I had saved the name for a possible daughter. I really love the name.

Aileen
    Cassidy
    Deirdre
    Teagan

These are my favorites from your list. I also love Colleen!
    Mama to the Beautiful - Evelyn Francine Alia and the Handsome Isaac Francis Azriel

Love Aislinn and Maeve from your list, although you also have some great suggestions too. Love Nora and didn't know its Irish roots. Celtic names are so lovely and such a great way to honor your heritage. Spelling and pronunciation can be a pain though. Pick what you love and be prepared to teach folks how it is pronounced/spelled. My very common name is regularly misspelled and even mispronounced, so go figure. Good luck!

I love Maeve, Nora, Ciara and Aislinn from the names on this list but Nora is too close to Conor and Ciara seems a bit overdone with all the spelling alternatives.

Conor, Liam and Maeve is my favourite, shame your husband doesn't like it.

How about...
    Aoife
    Saoirse
    Keavy
    Keeva (Caoimhe)
    Aideen
    Bridget
    Eimear
    Finola
    Iona
    Meara
    Niamh
    Orla (Love this!!!)
    Roisin
    Teagan

I love Maeve and Aislinn! So beautiful!

I second the suggestions of...
    Orla (I know a very sweet person with this name, but she spells it Orlagh)
    Niamh
    Cassidy
    Brigid
    Una
    Shannon
    Kathleen

Oh! And don't forget Shea!
    Last edited by namelover77; December 27th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |