Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Boy names that start with G

My husbands and I are expecting our second and it's another boy. His family tradition is that all the boys names have to start with a G and the middle name has to start with a J...his family has only ever had boys (for 11 generations now). to complicate things even more, none of the first names can be repeated...so Greg, Garrett, Geoffrey, Grant, George have already been used therefore they cant be repeated. Our first son is Grayden. It was one of three names we really loved, the other two being Grady and Grayson. Now we are having another boy and obviously Grady and Grayson are way too close to Grayden so they are out. So we have narrowed it down between Griffin and Gunner/Gunnar. I'm not in love with either because Griffin doesn't go so well with our last name and Gunner was a name my husband already used on his dog (who passed three yrs ago). However Gunner sounds really strong with our last name, but idk if i can get past the fact a dog was already named that. Of all the G names out there these are the only ones we have agreed on. Thoughts?? Suggestions??

We have already decided on the middle name at least...Jay.

My family thinks we shouldn't have to follow the tradition bc we already did it for my first son, so I should be allowed to pick any other name out there. I like and respect my husbands family tradition and think it would be strange if it didn't get passed down another time. But all these rules are so confining and naming another human is such a big responsibility! Help!

Godfrey is a very strong contender for us, pretty rare but with 11 generations of G they may already have one!

Setra Reign 6/22/08
    Lennox Jay 2/26/14