Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Personally I am not a fan.

But if I met one I would be much more taken by surprise than if I met Jaxon or Rowan or Declan.

I am a fan of 'boring regular' style names on boys. I find them so much more masculine & handsome than most names I run into today. I love uncomplicated names that sound adult on a boy. David totally works for me this way.

David is a fine Biblical name and the family significance for you far outweighs any concern for its "plain" quality. It's classic, traditional and timeless and it would be quite refreshing to hear a David in a playground. Sometimes less is more!

Thoughts and prayers for your family.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    David is a fine Biblical name and the family significance for you far outweighs any concern for its "plain" quality. It's classic, traditional and timeless and it would be quite refreshing to hear a David in a playground. Sometimes less is more!
    I agree with this. David would be very unexpected and refreshing on a baby of this generation. With such a solid, classic first name, you can always choose something completely out there for the middle spot to make your David stand out.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

David is a wonderful name! I think you should go with your heart and definately use it!
    Mama to the Beautiful - Evelyn Francine Alia

I think it is refreshing to see something classic being used. Sometimes I get tired of all the unique/uncommon/cool names that get used. Don't get me wrong, I normally like uncommon names myself, but part of me is starting to like classic names more and more. David is still used commonly enough, that it wouldn't be that unexpected though. :/
    Last edited by uselesskitty; December 28th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.