Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Whimsical but not OTT?

I'm curious as to what names you think are whimsical - but not overly so. Names with a touch of whimsy but still usable.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

I think it depends on your definition of "usable." Here are some that I find whimsical that most people would consider "normal" and usable:

Ivy
    Willow
    Ruby
    Vienna
    Cadenza
    Pearl
    Opal
    Lark
    ...basically, I think word names are whimsical!

Others that I find whimsical that I personally consider usable but that other people may argue include:

Winola
    Cilla
    Pepper
    Chella
    Briar
    Timber
    Ceil
    Pola

I realize that people's definitions of "usable" and "whimsical" will vary somewhat, but that ok...even a bit of the point! Thank you for sharing, you listed some lovely names. I don't think a name has to be "normal" per say to be "usable".
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

Aurora and Olive strike me as whimsical but usable.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I think nature and celestial names seem to be whimsical to me. I like these:

Aurora
    Luna
    Marigold
    Wisteria (possibly nn Wish)
    Andromeda
    Alhena
    Lyra
    Gemma

and for some reason Georgiana comes to mind! I love the idea of a whimsical name and am excited to see what other people say!