Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure at all they'd do the same kind of naming after grandparents that Victoria and Daniel did. The king's own children aren't named like that, so there is no such "rule". All women on Chris's mother's side that I've been able to find middle names for, share the MN Maria, so I think that's a given. Maybe Josephine as a middle name too, as it's both Madeleine's mn and Chris's grandmother's name.

Your first names and especially the style of them generally seem plausible, I think, however:
    - I think Carl-Johan might count as taking up two spots of a combo, so he'd only have one or two middles, probably?
    - Saga just might be too undignified for the royals - it's a name that's walking a thin line between the fact that it's Old Norse (thus very proper) and the fact that it means fairytale (not that proper).
    - And Sofia just isn't happening - not only is that prince Carl Philip's girlfriend, Madeleine is also rumoured not to be thrilled about said girlfriend ...

I'm thinking something like this for first names:
    Amelie, Aurora, Clara, Eleanor, Elise, Elsa, Evangeline, Genevieve, Josephine, Lilian, Louise, Norah, Pauline, Penelope, Rosalie
    Alexander, Arthur, August, Axel, Carl, Edmund, Edward, Henry, Hugo, Oscar, Theodor(e), Walter, Wilhelm
    Some family names, other just seemed the right style.

I always forget about Sofia Hellqvist (I believe I also wrote it down on my list of guesses for Estelle), must be because I don't care for her (I'm just gonna sit over here and miss Emma Pernald), but I see that it would be a problem calling this bub Sofia. As I suggested Sofia, I thought of Sofia of Nassau who would've been a great namesake.

I do think that they're going to honour the grandparents, but I agree that they might use Maria instead of Eva (which would also prevent the 'Silvia Eva' thing to happen). They could also just use Carl instead of Gustaf and honour a various range of people. Chris was given his father and grandfather's name as a middle, so I'm quite confident that Paul will make a feature in the bub's name. Victoria is named after Silvia's mum, Alice Sommerlath (née Soares de Toledo) and Carl Philip is named after the King's father, Prince Gustaf Adolf, who was known as Edmund.

I stand by Saga Does Saga mean fairytale in Swedish? Because here in Denmark it means "a say". Anyway, their children (most likely) aren't going to be royals. While one can't compare the situation to that of Princess Christina (since she lost her her style of Royal Highness when she married Tord Magnuson and Madeleine has remained a Royal Highness and Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland), it is strongly presumed that her children will be 'commoners' so to speak, and only receive their father's last name. And Saga O'Neill, how adorable is that?

Edmund is a great suggestion (and a nice nod to the King's father who was called Edmund), but Victor Magnuson has a son named Edmund, so sadly I don't know how likely that is. Perhaps as a middle. I also fully stand by your suggestions of Theodor and Clara
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

It's a little annoying sometimes that Sofia has such a good royal name! But I like that she's Sofia Kristina and her father is Erik Oscar - say what you want about Sofia, but namewise, she's perfect for the Swedish royal family.

And of course I think they'll honour somehow, just not necessarily in the strict "grandparent A's first name, grandparent B's first name" way that Estelle has.

Saga does indeed mean fairytale. And even if Madeleine's children will be commoners, I doubt they'll have just any 'common' names ... I'm not saying it's absolutely implausible, and don't get me wrong now because Saga has been one of my very favourite names for 15 years, but it just seems non-royal to me. But I would like a Saga O'Neill.

Yes, I know of Victor's Edmund ... But on the other hand, another of Victoria's cousins, can't remember which one, has an Estelle!

I know! She has such a regal name, perhaps her parents predicted that she would have relations to a Prince in the future. Still can't make me like her though, she's just way too pleased about herself being in the spotlight for me. But whatever, if only she makes Carl-Philip happy.

That makes sense

Oh yeah, that's right. I believe it's one of Désirée's grandchildren. I'm still slightly bummed out that Victoria and Daniel didn't use Lilian if they had to go out of the ordinary. I just always thought that Princess Lilian was closer to Victoria than Estelle Bernadotte. But yeah, if Victoria and Daniel can get away with calling their firstborn Estelle, god knows what Madeleine and Chris are gonna call their children.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Oh yeah, that's right. I believe it's one of Désirée's grandchildren. I'm still slightly bummed out that Victoria and Daniel didn't use Lilian if they had to go out of the ordinary. I just always thought that Princess Lilian was closer to Victoria than Estelle Bernadotte.
    When Estelle was born, my mother predicted that Victoria would definitely have two more children before she's 40 (four years left). A princess Lilian and a prince Edmund, if I were to decide. ^^ Or they could have a whole set of E names. Estelle, Edmund, Eugen, Erik, Eleonora ... They won't have that many children, of course. But they could.

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    god knows what Madeleine and Chris are gonna call their children.
    Yeah, I barely know why were even discussing the matter. XD Or well, because it's fun of course, but ...