Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 15 of 234
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,328
    Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie, Lady Frederick Windsor, welcomed their first child, a daughter, Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina, on 15 August 2013.

    She was named after Princess Maud of Wales, Queen of Norway; Queen Elizabeth II; and her great-grandmother, Princess Marina, the Duchess of Kent. Supposedly, Daphne is a name from Sophie's side of the family.
    Zelia • Twenty-one • Film and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and one about royals
    Exporting old Danish names as well as Greenlandic names and sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Alyosha" • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Anna/Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Asta Catherine Françoise • Anna/Gaia Margaret Undómiel

    GPs: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Cosimo James Eärendil "Jem" • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

  2. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    15,998
    Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    ♔ Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie, Lady Frederick Windsor, welcomed their first child, a daughter, Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina, on 15 August 2013.

    She was named after Princess Maud of Wales, Queen of Norway; Queen Elizabeth II; and her great-grandmother, Princess Marina, the Duchess of Kent. Supposedly, Daphne is a name from Sophie's side of the family.
    Maud was born on Princess Anne's birthday August 15th. At least they chose one of her mn's Elizabeth. I like the combo!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

  3. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Maud was born on Princess Anne's birthday August 15th. At least they chose one of her mn's Elizabeth. I like the combo!
    I had really high hopes for Anne to slip into the name somehow *sigh* but I guess Anne wouldn't approve of that (she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would particularly enjoy such emotional boohockey ). I'm glad (and slightly surprised) that they included Elizabeth. I am also glad (and not the least surprised) that they included Marina.
    Zelia • Twenty-one • Film and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and one about royals
    Exporting old Danish names as well as Greenlandic names and sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Alyosha" • Amaury Charles Théoden "Theo" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Anna/Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Asta Catherine Françoise • Anna/Gaia Margaret Undómiel

    GPs: Atticus Aksel Inigo • Cosimo James Eärendil "Jem" • Aviaaja Cleopatra Hero "Avi" • Fabiola Agnes Lúthien

  4. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    I had really high hopes for Anne to slip into the name somehow *sigh* but I guess Anne wouldn't approve of that (she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would particularly enjoy such emotional boohockey ). I'm glad (and slightly surprised) that they included Elizabeth. I am also glad (and not the least surprised) that they included Marina.
    I think it would have been sweet if Anne had been included, but, like you said, Anne's not the type for emotional gestures! I love how all the names have significance to them, and overall it is a lovely combination. I especially love how Daphne breaks up all the "royal" names.

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,135
    Loving all these names! I wish I could choose such elaborate names for my children!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

    August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •