Names Searched Right Now:

How Would YOU Compromise?

1st poster posts a criteria for one spouse. 2nd poster answers with what they would name their child if this criteria were held by their spouse; how they would compromise to find a name they liked.

Ie:

1st Poster: You're having a daughter. Spouse likes names like Lindsay, Brittany, Bethany, basically whatever was popular in 1980.

2nd Poster: I would name our daughter Samantha Jane. Samantha was made famous by Bewitched in the 60s and so it has the timeless, quirky quality I like in baby names.

You're having a boy. Spouse wants to name him after a Golden Age Movie Star, male or female.

Humphrey Bellamy. I love the rumpled, teddybear quality to Humphrey, and Bellamy is a family name that I would love to continue using (Humphrey Bogart and Ralph Bellamy).

You're having a girl, and your spouse wants to name them after their mother, Mary-Anne.
    Girls: Bunny Frances, Vesper Noble, Anouk Minnie, Yuki Beloved, Momo Flora, Constance Nellie, Malou Happy, Esther Opal, Nanette Camellia, Bertie Alma, Paloma Valentine, Shalom Galilee, Agnes Gardenia.

Boys: Dossie Gardener, Bertram Beloved, Morris Basil, Reginald Noble, Gerald Dove, Humphrey Kip, Amadeus Happy, Abraham Lou, Bernard Prosper, Balthazar Palomo, Ernest Francesco, Enzo Raphael, Shalom Valour.

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712

Ooh, yay! I adore Mary and Anne combo-names, so this wouldn't be too hard. I would probably have to go with Anne-Persephone or Mary-Olive nn Molly.

You don't know the gender, but your spouse likes names that have a strong "u" sound in them.