Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belated: Pyrus Nikolai is here!

Joyously announcing the birth of our son, Pyrus Nikolai. He was born on 12/15/12 at 2:27 AM. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19.5 inches long.

Our little Christmas baby has a festive name as Pyrus is the Greek name for a pear tree and I went into labor on the 13th of the month (the 1st day of Christmas). Nikolai comes from my Russian paternal family.

We are elated to be celebrating his birthday! He is welcomed by his 18 month old sister, Juniper Teagan.

556687_10152348518085548_837273815_n.jpg
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

Congrats!!!! What a cool meaning!
    Mama to Judah David, born November 2012 <3

Alexia Mae, Biblical Baby Name Guru
    http://www.babynamesfromthebible.com/

Congratulations! Pyrus is precious, and what a cool name he has.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Congratulations! Pyrus Nikolai is so handsome, and Juniper and Pyrus are so cool together. (And what a cute little baby!)

All the best!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Congratulations, and thanks for the cute picture! When I saw the name Pyrus, I immediately thought of the Greek pyr, "fire," as in the word pyre. So then I had to go dig in my dictionaries to see if by any chance pyrus, "pear tree," is related to pyr, "fire." It is not. Apparently pyrus comes from the Latin pirum, "pear-tree," which is related to the Greek apion, "pear."
    Sorry for the digression, but thanks indirectly for the etymology lesson! Pyrus Nikolai is handsome, unusual but certainly wearable, and I love the subtle botanical connection between Juniper and Pyrus.
    Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet