Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name for #3

Name for #3

Maryn Cassidy and Caroline Quinn will have a new sibling in August. If it is a sister we are considering Sadie (I love, hubby thinks it is great for a dog!), Fiona (hubby loves but I am having a hard time with it), Annabelle (but we have a cousin's daughter Anna), or Rory. I would love opinions or new suggestions!

bump.........

Unless you see the cousin quite often I don't think Anna and Annabelle are close enough to cause a problem--especially since Anna is such a common name/prefix/suffix.

What about a longer name where you could use the nn Sadie? Sarah is the classic core, but names like Sabrina, Sandra, Sandrine, etc. could all use the nn Sadie.

I personally really love Fiona, but I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.

With both of your other girls they end with an -n sound, did you want to continue that? Evelyn, Jillian, Gretchen, Gwendolyn, Jasmine, Rosalind, Shannon, Vivienne, etc. And with a name like Rosalyn/Rosalind you could use the nn Rory!

So my picks for you would be:
    Sabrina Katherine nn Sadie
    Rosalind Clara nn Rory
    Annabelle Corrine
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I completely agree on the cousin issue, just have to get hubby to see that. I also love Clara but there is a Claire in the family as well. Shannon may be an option. You are right about the -n endings.

I would use Aurora to get to the nn Rory.

I do think Sadie can stand on its own, but it seems a little cutesy next to your other daughters. I like Sarah with the nn Sadie.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14