Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian names, please help need advise!!!

Hello everyone! Just waned opinions on the topic of Russian names. I find them to be very beautiful and exotic but how do you think they'll wear on an American child or even European? Also what are your favorite Russian girl names that are beautiful but have comprehensible pronunciations? I love, for example Anechka, or Svetlana, any others?
    One last question, if you have more than one child, do you think it's ok to have one daughter with a Russian name, and others with French or American or even German? Or should there be some unison with the sib set in the sense of name nationality?
    Thank you!!!

I love Russian names.

I think if you are raising them in an English speaking country I would be more concerned about their names being evenly exotic/normal but not necessarily from the same country. Veronika is fine with Elisabeth - Lyubov needs another very uncommon name for balance, I think, and maybe better an uncommon name from another language than a very assimilated Russian name?

My favourite Russian names in no particular order:
    Tatiana
    Katia
    Veronika
    Ekaterina
    Valeriya/Valeria
    Aleksandrina
    Leonora
    Yelena/Galina
    Raina/Radka - I like Raina best but I've also seen it spelled Rayna.

Yeah, i'd say you need them to be on the same level of exoticness. Don't name one kid Rylee and the next one Boguslava.

i like

Nadia
    Katia
    Akilina
    Kira
    Lilia
    Oksana

Women in my Russian stepfather's family: Oksana, Natalya, Larisa. I don't think any of them would cause huge pronunciation problems.

I love Russian names! Some I love: Varvara, Vasilisa, Evgenia, Taissa, Natalia, Milena, Lyudmila....

I think it's totally okay to name your children names of different cultures.
    Last edited by nicole_1024; December 25th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Abigail, Beatrice, Cecily, Elise, Hazel, India, Matilda, Scarlett, Svea

Isaac, James, Jasper, Julius, Lyle, Nicholas, Sebastian, Thomas, William