Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I like all of your Verity options except Madison, which seems completely mismatched and out of place with both Verity and Elias.

Some biblical Hebrew choices:

Keziah / Cassia (less similar to Elias)
    Miriam
    Susannah
    Damaris
    Tabitha
    Esther / Hadassah
    Adira
    Elisheva
    Noemi
    Sarai
    Tirzah

Modern Hebrew choices:

Sephora
    Ilana
    Eliora
    Orly
    Avivah
    Margalit
    Keren
    Talia
    Zahava
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

Verity gets my vote without competition. I love Elias and Verity as siblings.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Thank you so much Blade, I really like many names in your list, funnily enough we had been talking about Cassia ourselves before I read your reply. I have rethought Madison and agree with you that my instincts were correct and it is too jarring with both Verity and Elias.

My husband is not convinced (yet?) by Seraphine (or Sephora which I also like a lot) or Coraline and has been suggesting some interesting Italian or Italianate names as we have a connection with Italy from our university days. So at the moment our list is:

Verity Seraphine
    Verity Sephora
    Verity Coraline
    Verity Aria
    Verity Allegra
    Verity Eliana (too close to Eli but DH likes that!)
    Verity Eliora (ditto but I do like it)
    Verity Siena (spelt like the Italian town)
    Verity Santina

I also thought of Verity Juliet which I really like but we have a family member (my side) with that name and my in laws can be very difficult so it may be a political error!

Definitely feeling Verity is much more likely now although one Merida name (Merida Seraphine) does still loiter in the back of my mind.
    So we are still very much undecided but feeling like we are edging closer and closer! Thanks for continued great ideas...
    Last edited by lulupeg; December 27th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

I don't like Merida or the v names...it sounds like vivasection to me...Romilly is pretty I would use that

I've moved away from Romilly as despite its beauty I realised/remembered that I struggle a bit pronouncing R words - I don't make the W sound but I do have to concentrate to say it really clearly and if tired it might come out more like Womilly!