Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Opinions on girls names as a sibling for Elias: Merida, Vivia or Verity?

Hello and a very Merry Christmas to all!

Following a very friendly and welcoming response to my boy's name thread (we are expecting a new baby next Spring) we have decisively chosen the name Inigo Gabriel if our yellow bump turns blue. I love it here's the thread if you're interested:

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...lias?p=1706183

However now I feel sure that with this PERFECT boy's name ready to go, we will have a girl and we are in much more of a mess!!

Here are our ideas so far, to go with lovely son whose name I adore, Elias Michael (occasional nn Eli):

Merida Nell
    Vivia Isis
    Verity Meredith

Possibility but an outlier at present:
    Romilly Josephine

Other names I like but not properly considering:
    Ophelia (but too sad re: Hamlet)
    Elodie (but don't want another E name)
    Coraline (but Cora doesn't go with our surname which starts with an O)
    Seraphina - something I'm not sure of for us but I do like it a lot!
    Hermia - but too much like Hernia...
    Hero - love but too much confusion re boy/girl name

I love Merida, and am at one with the Brave connection as I feel that film is not going to be the massive hit that something like The Little Mermaid was, so shouldn't be too much of an issue. Anyway, it's a sweet film and the character is a strong female lead which I like! There is something about the middle name we are not sure of and I think we could make Merida the winner if we could fix this! Originally we loved Meredith but we have decided Merida is more in keeping with Elias as it's very unusual as is Elias in the UK.

Vivia I love too - and love the nickname of Vivvi but not sure about Viv which I think I would have to be okay with as it might become inevitable post-teenage years! Again I love Isis and there is a connection (indirect) with where we met so the MN is good but not set in stone if something else could bring Vivia's best qualities out even better...

Verity is an old favourite and was what we thought we would call the first bump when it was briefly yellow! But since then my husband has gone off it a little and I've had my head turned by the above two names! Would love feedback on all three

Wow, what a ramble! Open to other lovely suggestions and have included a short list of other names I have a strong liking for to give ideas if anyone has any thoughts! One thing I don't like personally is unisex names...

Many thanks for reading and for any ideas you can offer

xx