Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I would, men do it all the time. Why shouldn't women?
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

I love the idea of a variation on the mom's name for a daughter--or for a son, for that matter. Mom Nicole might name her daughter Collette or Nicia, or her son Nicholas or Colin. In my family, we have done same initials a time or two (by accident, and once by design). I think I might actually prefer doing the variation.

Probably not, but I do love several "L" names for girls that are not terribly dissimilar from my fn. I feel that the mother is best honored with a middle name; I've got a cousin whose middle is her mother's first name, and as she's the only daughter it's kind of sweet.
    Mom to James Daniel (9), William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

I think it's sweet & don't see it as conceited. I don't have plans to do it myself but I do think it's cute and the Alice/Allison example works well. They both feel like their own name so it doesn't seem confusing to me.

My husband isn't into Juniors or shared names which makes me sad- he's Maksim or Maxim which I think is great and would love to use...but sadly we won't!

I think it probably depends on how close the names are to each other - i.e. Emily and Emeline. Constant confusion would ensue on the phone. Alice and Alison would be a little problematic. Something like Mary and Maura would be less confusing. Katherine and Katrina would be fine. Hopefully that makes sense.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more