Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I personally wouldn't do it. I don't think there even are any variations of Chelsea? But even if there were, I still wouldn't.

I don't like the idea of naming your kid after you on girls or boys. I don't think it's conceited, I just think that there are so many names out there, why would you wanna use one that's already been used?
    Chelsea
    just a 21 year old name nerd

Emma Catherine | Ella Rose | Olivia Claire | Grace Caroline | Ava Isobel
    Owen Jacob | Ronan Gabriel | William Levi | Evan Samuel | Henry Graham

My oldest dd loves that her middle name is a variation of mine. (Eliza and Elizabeth) Granted she is 8, but I think its fine and neat for a first or middle name. If a John can have a son named Jackson why can't a Allison have an Alice?
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by chelseams View Post

I don't like the idea of naming your kid after you on girls or boys. I don't think it's conceited, I just think that there are so many names out there, why would you wanna use one that's already been used?
    To honor a loved one....people find name inspiration in all sorts of things and have for years and years....nature, a favorite character in a book, etc. There are lots of names out here available for use, but that doesn't mean that a parent wants a name without some sort of meaning to carry on a family name.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

No of course it isn't too vain especially if you change it a bit for example take the 'lyn' part or the 'elle' part or the 'er' part or the 'a' part or opt for Ella instead of Eleanor or Marcheline instead of Michelle etc etc or the FULL name in the middle spot. Go for it!

I wouldn't because it would be confusing and I LOVE family names, but I don't like them from the parent's names....either male or female, unless it's a name like my middle, which has been passed down for 4 generations thus far. I probably won't be using it. (because I think it's ugly, otherwise I would consider it).