Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names that I never see brought up on here...

These names aren't necessarily "favorites" of mine (though several are on my long list), but I'm just wondering why I never see them brought up on the boards. I assume they are outdated (a smorgasbord from several different decades), but to me, they would be refreshing to see on children...though not necessarily my own .
    What are your opinions on:

BOYS
    Carl
    Warden
    Casey (can boys no longer wear this?)

GIRLS
    Sally
    Monica
    Greta
    Colleen
    Eileen
    Frieda
    Lois
    Irene (I once read a children's novel set in ancient Greece that had a little Greek girl character named Irene...really brought it back to life)

I actually love Monica. It's one of my faves since I was a kid. Unfortunately it has two really strong associations at least for the foreseeable future: Ms. Lewinsky and the fictional Mrs. Geller-Bing (Friends).

It is a beautiful name with a lovely pedigree that goes way back. I haven't totally discounted it. I really don't think it is totally unusable, and maybe some bold parents will bring it back around.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Jack . Walker . David . Gabriel . Joe . Michael
    Clementine . Margot . Elizabeth . Nadia . Grace . Emerald

I'm a Sally! Actually to be more accurate I'm a Sara nicknamed Sally, but since birth I've been called Sally. I know some people might think it's dated but I don't see that - understandably! - because it never had the massive popularity as, say, Linda or Jennifer. It's very, very VERY uncommon in my age group (late 20s), but it seemed to enjoy some popularity in the early 80s in Australia, and I also hear it more when I'm in England. But in the US? Not so much. I thought the death of astronaut Sally Ride earlier this year might put it in the spotlight, but no such luck. Maybe Sally Field's turn in Lincoln will give it a bit more shine come Oscar season. I too think it would be refreshing to hear on a young girl.

I love Sally! I've started threads about it before that you must have missed.

Wardon reminds me of prison.

I've met male Casey's. It's still works. I don't mention them because I don't like them. Except Irene. I mention Irene. It's a gorgeous name and I love it!

I never see a lot of the normal names I love on here either. I never see (or hardly see):

Alexandra/Alexandria
    Artemis
    Cassandra
    Irene (like you)

or

Artemus
    Augusten/Augustin (but you see August everywhere)
    Caleb
    Damian/Damien
    Dorian
    Garrett
    Todd
    Warren -- I especially wish I'd see this one. It's so handsome and distinguished and goes with current trends of old fashioned becoming new again.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014