Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Thanks for all the replies...that was fast! :-) The name is Logan. I just love it and also really want an L name.

You could always talk to her first and let her know how you really love that name and see how it goes. Good luck!

Logan is a great name! I understand the dilemma, it is mainstream/well-kmown but not no common that it would just be coincidence that you chose the same name. I miss-understood your post above regarding links to the past. I still say just have a friendly chat with them about it. You will feel better about it in the long run.

If it were really uncommon, like Abraxas or Willoughby, I would urge caution. Logan, however, is enjoying use by lots of new parents, so I don't think it should be so big a deal. Talking to her would probably be the right thing to do if you are concerned about hurting her feelings or bringing up old pain. However, there's always the potential that she would get upset and tell you not to use it. Then if you decided it was the only name that works, you'd seem like a jerk for using it anyway... I guess it comes down to how much you want to use it vs. how much you really value what she thinks despite them living far away and not being that close anymore. So I agree that talking with her about it is probably the best route, but would prepare for disappointment.

Also there are lots of great boys' names like Logan: Lachlan/Locklan, Lincoln, Larkin, Latham, Lawson, Lleyton, Liam... But I understand if they don't have quite the same appeal. Sometimes the name just clicks.

I think that using Logan in this situation is ok. If the name was crazy uncommon I would suggest discussing it with your old friends but Logan is a popular enough name that I doubt your friends haven't run into a few since their loss.

I think it's important to ask yourself how you feel about the name's connection to this very sad situation though. If you connect the name to this family & that event maybe you should consider:

Keegan
    Reagan
    Rogan
    Hagen
    Waylon
    Grayson
    Easton
    Weston
    Cameron
    Tyson
    Byron
    Harlon