Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I love Gabriel and Emmanuel.
    I also love the sound of Melchior.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Morganalefaye: Thank you! Pine or North might fit the bill. I wish George Bailey had a better name. Zuzu is the standout from that film IMO. Gaudete- I love that carol too, though as a name, not sure. Drummer- no comment ;-)

Bladechka: I had to look up Mr Getty. Hm. I see he has children named Cassius and Violet, so that's something... Ah the lure of the Z, the X, the Q... Balthasar does have a more understated look about it though.
    Loving all these names, especially Nazareth, Ebenezer (!), Quirinus, Aquilo, Birch, Stefano and Epifanio (though she's not Italian) and Ivo (which she can't have because I've got dibs on another yew-related name.)
    I was thinking Yves would be stunning on a Xmas Eve baby, though Ivo is more acceptable in these parts.

Shvibziks: Thanks for weighing in. I love Emmanuel too, but it might be too strongly religious for my friend.

I like the Spanish forms of some of the names mentioned: Baltasar and Gaspar (but I can't say I am a fan of Melchor). Natalio isn't heard that much and might be mistaken for the more familiar female form, but it might work in the middle spot. I like Noé, but that is the Spanish form of Noah, not Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma;1702789
    Loving all these names, especially [name
    Nazareth[/name], Ebenezer (!), Quirinus, Aquilo, Birch, Stefano and Epifanio (though she's not Italian) and Ivo (which she can't have because I've got dibs on another yew-related name.)
    I was thinking Yves would be stunning on a Xmas Eve baby, though Ivo is more acceptable in these parts.
    Unless you have dibs on everything remotely yew-related: for a fun double-meaning, what about Iver? You get the yew connection as well as a homonym with l'hiver, 'winter.' I quite like the flow & feel of Orson Iver (of course must be pronounced like l'hiver, ee-VEHR).
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    Morganalefaye: Thank you! Pine or North might fit the bill. I wish George Bailey had a better name. Zuzu is the standout from that film IMO. Gaudete- I love that carol too, though as a name, not sure. Drummer- no comment ;-)
    Haha, glad Pine and North might be right, they were my favourites by a long way. Thought I'd throw a couple of wildcards out there just in case, although they're definitely not exactly my style
    ~ it is PATRICK TROUGHTON days until 23th Nov

W h a t ' s . . .

Guinevere Clara Pearl *Gwen* ~ Persephone Iris Juliana *Persy* ~ Lucas Alasdair North *Luke* ~ Tristan Peter Raphael *Tristan*

. . . n e x t ?