Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Cair Paravel :)
    Alaric and Seneca are my favorites (although now I slightly associate Seneca with the guy from Hunger Games... not sure if that's off-putting for you or not). I really love both!

I quite like Cicero, Hector, and Tiberius, as well.

Good luck!
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles | Olivia Wren Camille | Rowan Ezra Jack
    Violet Emilia Mary | Casper Nathaniel Eden | Grace Odilia Lily | Samuel Gaspard John | Adele Sofia Eloise | Grant Frédéric Conrad

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey!
    Chapter 2 is now up!!

Alaric is my favorite of the list with Roland and Seneca as runners up.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

Dalai Lama

Hey there. Sorry about the nightmare! Who needs Faramir and Gawain when you've got Endymion and Herne anyway? I would think that narrowing the list down might make things easier once the baby's born, but I'm happy to keep playing with your list!
    What's up with Alaric as a first name? Are you liking some of the middles more than the firsts?
    Altair- I like the astronomical connection to Aquila. Soundwise, I prefer Alastair.. Altair sounds a lot like "alter," so it feels slightly ungrounded, transitional or something.
    Artegal- I hear "article." Still, a very graceful name.
    Cicero- Like Orpheus, a wonderful namesake but a one-man-name. Middle name material IMO.
    Galileo- Again, a one-man-name, but so obviously so that it becomes more useable. I think Orpheus or Cicero would be hard to inhabit. Galileo is so over-the-top that it feels freer, if that makes any sense. Great sound too.
    Hector- Sure! But it's pretty butch compared to your others. I recommend "Hector Protector," illustrated by Maurice Sendak.
    Hermes- Love this. But not with Herne, unless they're twins, and even then it might be questionable.
    Hylas- I'm torn. Part of me finds it lovely to say, kind of sexy and sleek, and part of me hears "high-less" ears hang on the "less." But I feel the same way about Silas, and Silas is pretty much bulletproof.
    Lorand/Roland- Lorand.. very interesting. I think you could name a son Roland and use Lorand as a nick. Love Roland. Well, I love The Song of Roland. The name is handsome, but not as handsome as Herne or Endymion.
    Marinell- I think of marinara sauce.
    Orville- Love this but I don't think it fits with your other names. I think of Orville and Wilbur Wright. I see Orville fitting in with those fashionably clunky, hobnailed, old-man, steampunk-Biblical type names like Barnabas, Gideon, Cornelius..
    Ovid- I know I know, Ovid the poet. I just think "oviduct, ovary, ovulation."
    Pelleas- I think it sounds a bit like "bilious."
    Rodomante- I think about rats every time I take the subway. No name beginning with "Rod" and ending in "ante" will get my approval.
    Seneca- Ok my grasp of ancient history is abysmal, so bear with me. Seneca as in Nero's advisor? Isn't Nero known as kind of a bad guy? "Nero fiddled as Rome burned" and all that? Plus, the Native American thing (though surely it's not as sensitive an issue in England.)
    Tiberius- Love. Blade's old suggestion of Tiberius Heron has been floating around in my head since you dropped it. Knocked my socks off!

Alaric, Hector & Orville are my favourites.
    Eliza + Beatrix + Constance + Romilly + Clementine + Freya + Mabel + Agnes + Betty + Margot
    Felix + Ivo + Calloway + Walter + Linus + Otto + August + Hugo + Zebedee + Rollo + Phineas

Oh and Galileo, I like that too.
    Eliza + Beatrix + Constance + Romilly + Clementine + Freya + Mabel + Agnes + Betty + Margot
    Felix + Ivo + Calloway + Walter + Linus + Otto + August + Hugo + Zebedee + Rollo + Phineas