Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Haha ok, then consider those my votes! There is something about Seneca that just doesn't sit right with me. It may be the Native American thing, though I know that isn't really an issue for you, or the Nero thing (or both?) but I just can't get behind this name.

Roland has always been a favorite of mine. For some reason it just gives off that delicious "wintery" vibe. I have re-occuring mental images of twins named Roland and Desmond (not mine, or yours, but in theory). Though it does seem perhaps a bit tame for you guys.

The same thought also applies to Hector. Yes, he was a great hero, but the name by itself is much more mainstream and probably fits better into your combos as a middle name choice. Also, this may just be based on some of my own weird personal baggage reasons, but I don't find the idea of a blonde/blue-eyed Hector strange at all?

I do like Tiberius. Overall it seems like the best fit with your other top choices, but then again you run into the issue of Tiberius' ending creating a potential problem for a little future Orpheus... which I think is a very big no-no.

Altair has a lovely sound and meaning and might be a good fit for #5, but I am only slightly familiar with it so I don't feel qualified to judge it yet, until I've had time to consider it more. I may still prefer Aquila? I tend to forget there are star names besides Sirius... =]

Roland and Hector are my favorites. The rest are a bit strange in my opinion.
    All the best,
    Shannon

Charlotte Noelle
    Baby boy due February 16th, 2013

Thank you, amy, emma, bladey and shannon. Rolanad, Hector and Seneca are out. I still love Tiberius, but it is too close to Orpheus which I really want to use someday.

I think we've decided on Altair and Remiel. Remiel was sessh's suggestion a while ago, it suddenly popped into my head and I think it is gorgeous. The other option is Faramond which is so romantic and striking.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Ooh good choices! I will mourn Tiberius, but Altair and Remiel are wonderful. Those beautifully placed double vowels in both... And Faramond is regal yet soft. I think of farro, the grain.. fields of wheat. Plus "mond," a world, like the tiny planet that the Little Prince lived on.. Remember the part about the Fox seeing the Prince in wheat fields?

Great choices. What are your thoughts for combinations?

Incidentally Remiel, too, is in no way a religious name. He was mentioned in Jewish folklore but was never mainstreamed.

You have such diverse sourcing for your names: Jewish folklore, Arabic, Greek mythology, British mythology...
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq