Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are Felicity and Eloise "Elsie" too close for sisters?

My daughter Felicity gets called Lissie as a pet name but it's just like calling a Zachary "Zacky" or something, it's not what she would introduce herself as to anyone or anything (not that she can yet haha). Eloise would go by Elsie probably 80% of the time and it would be more official. She would get called Lou, Ellie, Elle, etc. as pet names (please no suggestions of just naming her Elsie or of going by the full Eloise, this part is set in stone!) Would Felicity and Elsie be too close for sisters? If it makes a difference, siblings names are Audrey Cecilia, Jude Alexander, Christian Nathaniel, Violet Annabelle, and then Felicity Charlotte is the baby of the group. Thanks so much!

Personally, I wouldn't name her Eloise if you're so set on calling her Elsie and her big sister's name is Felicity. Felicity and Eloise are great! Felicity and Elsie are way too similar. I just wouldn't do it. All lovely names though!
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Vesper, Gwendolyn Ferelith, Charleston Wilder

As much as I like Felicity and Eloise together, I don't think I would use Eloise if you plan to use Elsie as a nickname when you already have a Lissie.
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

It's too 'el'-y and 's'-y. They clash too much sorry.

But I must say Audrey Cecelia and Jude Alexander. Me oh my.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William

First off, I love all your children's name. Personally, I don't think felicity and Eloise are too close. Although I agree that the nicknames Elsie and lissie are close, I don't think that should matter because those are their nicknames and not their given names, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett