Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luther

Luther

What are your opinions on the name Luther? This name has been in the back of my mind for years and atm I really like it! I love the name Luke and have had it as a middle name for another boy name I love, but I saw a few different places that people named Luther can go by the nickname Luke. Would this be too much together? So it would be First-Name Luke and Luther Middle-Name. (I hope the way I explained that makes sense!)

Also, what about the combo Luther Amos? I asked about the name Amos earlier, but I think I would rather use it as a middle name. I also like Luther Micah.

I really like the name Luther. It's very handsome in an old fashioned sort of way. Do you mean to ask if Luke and Luther could be siblings? Personally, I think it's a bit much together, but if you'd like to do it, the feel free.

Neither of your combos are my style, but going by sound alone, they both sound great. Luther Amos sounds better than Luther Micah.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I really like Luther Amos and Luther Micah. On their own merits, I think having a boy with the first name Luther and a second boy with the middle name Luke would work. But if you intend to call Luther by the nn Luke, I would come up with another middle for the other boy.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

Thanks for the reply dantea! No, I mean Luke would be a middle name for one kid, then Luther the first name for another. I wouldn't intentially ever call Luther "Luke" so unless he were to start that he wouldn't ever go by it.

Okay. Well, using Luke as a middle name and Luther for a first name doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It could work perfectly fine. Just be aware that other people might call Luther "Luke" or the one with Luke as a middle name may decide to start going by Luke one day.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014