Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brother for Rowen

Boy number two is due in early march, and we just can't find the right name! Our firstborn is Rowen John, which we chose due to its meaning (the dictionary meaning "to regain", as we had previously lost a baby) and mn after both my dad and my husband's dad.

For our second, I would like a name that is more than one syllable, as our last name is only one and sounds like "sue". There is a name trend on my husband's side to end names in "n", which I like. Middle name will be Max (the name my husband goes by) or James. The meaning of the name is somewhat important to my husband. I prefer names that are less common and don't have obvious nicknames.

I have been considering Callan, but am not a fan of the nn "Cal". We talked about maybe using Cannen instead, but with both of us being photographers, we figured people would assume we REALLY like our Canons . Plus, there's no significant meaning with that name that we could find.
    I like Kavan, as my maiden name starts with Ka and my mom's maiden starts with Van, but I much prefer the spelling Cavan... Which then loses the family significance (right?)
    Husband likes Case, but I don't think it works with our last name or the middle names. On the plus side, my great grandfather was named Kees (dutch, pronounced Case). I would love to use a Dutch name, but most are not easy on English tongues...
    I love Ashlan, but it has been pointed out by everyone to be much too feminine.

Anyway, I was hoping some of you clever berries might have some helpful suggestions?? I am soooo picky with names-coming up with Rowen's was incredibly difficult and we didn't even name him until he was three days old. Coming up with another boy name, that "goes" with Rowen is seemingly impossible!

I think Rowen John and Cannen James sound wonderful together.

Florentina & Isaac
    Atticus, Barnaby, Solomon, Ezra Theodore
    Persephone Theodora Ottilie Giovanna Winifred

Callan sounds too feminine to me (in fact, I know a girl with this name)

If he likes Case, have you considered Cason/Casen?

other suggestions:
    Bryson
    Declan
    Keenan/Keegan/Kieran
    Gavin
    Logan
    Tristan
    Collin
    Jackson
    Mason
    Aaron
    Griffin
    Holden
    Ashton
    Carson
    Kyson

sorry for repeats
    let me know what you think, so I can help some more, good luck

Gideon comes to mind. I think a three-syllable name would work best. Others:
    Solomon
    Anderson
    Jameson (It's not three syllables but you could do Jameson Max to get both of those names in one shot.)