Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names to honor Alice?

I'm not sure if we will be having anymore children in the future but I am hoping we do.

I would like to honor my daughter Alice who we lost in November.

What are some names we could use to honor Alice?

We already have Oliver Luca, Iris Lucia and Miles Harrison. Our angel daughters are Lillian Hazel and Alice Susannah.

Iris is in honor of Lily, since it means "rainbow" and she is our rainbow baby. Susannah is also in honor of Lily, since it means "lily".

So, if we have another daughter I want to honor Alice.
    Lily (stillborn 04/30/09), Oliver & Iris (born 02/15/10), Miles (born 06/01/11), Alice (stillborn 11/11/12) and Felix (born 12/10/13)

First of all I am so so sorry for your losses. Since the meaning of Alice is noble, I would consider choosing another name with the same meaning. Perhaps Adalaide, Adaline, Adelle, Breanne, Audrey, Lyssa, Lydia? I wouldn't choose a name that sounds too much like Alice, because your future daughter deserves her own identity that is separate from Alice's. I think choosing a name that has a similar meaning is a nice way of honoring your daughter.

Other names with "noble" meanings, such as:
    Freya/Freja
    Ethel
    Adelaide
    Audrey

Other ideas:
    Adelpha/Adelphia (meaning "dearest sister")
    Halia (meaning "remembrance of a loved one")

I'm so sorry for your loss. The only one I thought of that has not yet been mentioned is Celia, which uses the same letters as Alice.

I love Celia. Thank you. That would be a great subtle way to honor Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by bex View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss. The only one I thought of that has not yet been mentioned is Celia, which uses the same letters as Alice.
    Lily (stillborn 04/30/09), Oliver & Iris (born 02/15/10), Miles (born 06/01/11), Alice (stillborn 11/11/12) and Felix (born 12/10/13)