Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Your favorite of our boy names?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Owen

21 31.82%
  • William Jude

31 46.97%
  • Jude Tyler

12 18.18%
  • Jude Truett

12 18.18%
  • William Todd

7 10.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Days to go - vote on your pick!

Our last name is polish - pronounced Bar-ko-ee-ak.

This will be baby #1 for us.
    James would be James - William nn Will.
    Other middle name combos welcome!

Avoid William as there is a chance that he may be called Billy Barkoeak the B alliteration doesn't sound good to me.

I love James Owen, it is very handsome but I voted for Jude Truett because I think it makes a really good match.

rollo

I voted Jude Tyler. While I adore both Truett and Jude, and would have loved to vote for Jude Truett (or even something like Truett William/Truett Jack/Truett Jude), I found it very hard to say Jude Truett--the D sort of melts into the T, and the two U sounds are so close to each other. Truett Jude works a bit better, but I think something like Jude William or Truett William would work better. Or even Jude Owen or Truett Owen.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Good point, ashthedreamer! Thanks

I like James Owen best with your last name. William (and this is just my opinion) sounds okay with your last name's pronunciation, but I like the short, strong, one-syllable-d name James with it better. I really like Jude as a name, but James stands out more to me (when said with your last name) than Jude does (for me, the d of Jude blends with the B of your last name, and you miss the effect of the hard d sound in Jude. if that makes any sense?)

Whichever way you choose, all are lovely names. Congratulations on your baby boy!
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling