Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Two gorgeous names! Personally, I would go with Eliza. It is a bit more uncommon. Because it is beautiful, there are tons of Elizabeths. Not so many Elizas.

You can't go wrong with either name, but I prefer Eliza. Eliza is beautiful!

But I agree with previous posters, that you could always name her Elizabeth and use the nickname Eliza.
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James

Definitely Elizabeth, just like Austen's Bennet. Eliza by itself does not have the same level of class.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

We just named our baby girl Eliza Rose. My hubby's grandmothers were Elizabeth and Rose and my great-grandmother and great aunt were Elizabeths. So we liked that it's a family name. However, for Elizabeth I LOVE the nn Betsy and DH hates it- wanted Lizzy which I hate. Decided to not argue about it and go with Eliza. Still has family ties but is a little different and not quite as common (although getting to be). And personally I love the connection to Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady- my first choice name was Audrey (as in Hepburn) but DH's brother had a baby girl named Aubrie about 5 weeks before our girl arrived... Anyway, I'm partial to Eliza!

Both names are wonderful. It's kind of tough to choose, but I'd go with Elizabeth.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.