Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Violet Harriet dilemma - please help!

Hello

We are expecting our first girl next year and I am absolutely in love with the name Violet. However I also desperately want to use my Grandma's name, Harriet, as we won't be having any more after this (we already have 2 boys) and I would love to keep her name in the family.

My problem is that Violet Harriet just doesn't sound right to me. I think it's the 'et' endings together. I thought about maybe giving her a second middle name to split it up, so Violet _ Harriet but am still not convinced and can't think of anything to fill the gap!

Does anybody have any opinions or ideas about this name? I am determined that our only daughter should have a pretty name that sounds lovely together.

Thank you so much

PS - hubby has suggested Eva as that was his grandma's name...Violet Eva Harriet...???

Welcome to Nameberry!

I think it's best to split up the two "et" names - Violet Eva Harriet flows better than Violet Harriet. Using the two grandmother's names in the combo is a wonderful way to honour both sides of the family!
    Last edited by mischa; December 15th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think the double -et ending doesn't flow very well.
    How about:
    Viola Harriet
    Violet Hattie

I love Eva Harriet or Violet Eva.

I like Violet Eva Harriet too! It's lovely that your honouring both grandparents also.

I like Violet Eva Harriet.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne