Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Linden? Too girly?

This names is growing on me, but I have a feeling its way too feminine? Suggestions and opinions please!

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

I think the Lind- beginning is associated with girls because of Lindsay. Lyndon looks more masculine, as does Landon. I'm trying to come up with something to say to reassure you that Linden can be boyish, but I just feel like it looks far too feminine. If I were a teacher and saw it on a roster, I would expect a girl. But I think it could become associated with a boy quickly and easily if you did go with it. It's not like you would be giving a son a blatantly female name. Still, I recommend Lyndon or Landon.

I just typed up a post and got the "Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting." message, so I'm going to try again, because everytime I've gotten that message before I don't think I've seen whatever I was trying to post again.

Linden isn't in the top 1000 for either gender in the U.S, but it was given to more boys than girls by a small margin in 2011 - 66 boys and 51 girls. It's also in the top 100 for boys in British Columbia in Canada (#88), so there at least it seems to be pretty firmly established as a boys' name. There's also Lyndon B. Johnson, who is a pretty familiar male historical figure with the name, even though he spells it differently. I definitely don't think that Linden is too feminine to give to a boy. I like it for either gender, but I prefer it as a boys' name.
    Last edited by nono; December 15th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Just like Rowan I prefer it on a GIRL!

No, I think it works fine on a boy as a nature name.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne