Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Less than half of first births in the US, UK or Europe are to married mothers. In the US, 40% of all births are to unmarried women.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unmarry.htm
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq

My fiance and I will have been together 2 years this January. We've been living together for 21 months (5 of those with his parents while we apartment searched!) and will have been together 2 and a half years on our wedding day this July. I hope to start TTC late 2014, early 2015. So we'll have been together for at least 3 years before we start TTC.

How the world has changed in forty years. It was unthinkable in the 60's to live with anyone, it was unthinkable to have a child out of wedlock and without knowing for sure most women waited till married to have sex (or at least till engaged).

I was married for almost 7 years before having a child. The house came first.

I have been married for 43 years as have most of my friends the same age (if not longer).

rollo

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I think age is kind of interesting with these questions as well, I'm almost 30 and my boyfriend is ten years older than me. Most couples I know who meet the one they want to be with in their thirties don't wait around for years before starting having children, while if you meet in your early twenties, you'll probably wait a while.
    I agree. I'm in my earlyish-mid twenties and have been with my current boyfriend for two years, and have been living together for about a year and a half. We both agree that we'd like to have children together, but we're waiting for a bit. I don't know if we'll get married or not before. I don't want to TTC now, but in a few years. We are also both finishing degrees at university and I am soon going to apply for a job I desperately want, and we agree that careers come first. Personally, and I am not speaking for anyone else and in different situations different things are necessary, but in my own circumstances, I don't want to have a child until I have a stable job.
    Last edited by germyflub12; December 15th, 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: one of my sentences was phrased very awkwardly
    Kirrily, Valencia, Romy, Juliet, Sevilla, Clemency, Kate
    Zachary, Ronan, Milo, Hale, Finn, Lewis

My OH and I had been together for 2 years and 1 month when I fell pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey_gray View Post
    . I'm a Christian and firmly believe in marriage before baby. If unexpected baby comes along you should get married quickly, forget the big unneeded fancy wedding, if not for yourselves then for your child's sake.
    That's not always possible. Sometimes people rush into marriage/marry too young and end up with the wrong person. Making it harder to marry the RIGHT person when they find them.
    My OH is still legally married (Though has been seperated for 4 years...they have no children) and we cannot afford for him to get divorced right now, as his ex wife is deliberately trying to make the process as difficult as possible. So we don't have the option to get married.

I was with a man for 7 years before I met my OH and we were engaged to be married. He would have been an awful father. My OH will be a fantastic father. I think this is FAR more important a factor than a piece of paper or the length of the relationship.
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks