Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I would say cass-ee-uh, cuz I've met someone with that name before. But if I have never met her, I might pronounce it as cash-a just because I'm familiar with the male name Cassius being pronounced as cash-us.

I am surprised at all the Cass-ee-a responses b/c I really dislike that pronunciation. I much prefer Cassia but I think if the vast majority would say Cass-ee-a, that would be reason enough to shy away from it.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

This name was in a book I was reading and I hated that I didn't know which way was intended by the author which made me pronounce it differently every time it popped up, which was a lot because she was the main character! In the end I think I tended to say CASS-ee-uh more often simply because it resembled the nickname Cassie which I was familiar with already. CASH-uh sounds a lot nicer, but it just didn't sound right to me at the time. I think both ways are perfectly acceptable almost like how you could say Caroline or Lucia different ways. Hope this helps

I pronounce it like the nature name "cash-uh" (rhymes with Sasha). There are some people who say it with three syllables and still others who swear it should be "KAY-shuh". It's one of those names like Lucia where you get to pick your favourite pronunciation.
    Last edited by mischa; December 14th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Ok thank you everyone..that makes sense of course there are lots of name w/ multiple pronunciations. I love Cash-a (rhyme with Sasha) but really dislike Cass-ee-a.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014